PDA

View Full Version : "Sensational" Sherri passes away at age 49

cris
06-15-2007, 09:10 PM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5971/4903196ta2.jpg

"Sensational" Sherri passes away

By Corey Clayton

Written: June 15, 2007WWE is saddened to learn of the death of WWE Hall of Famer “Sensational” Sherri. She was 49.

In the early 1980s, Sherri began her career in the AWA. In 1985, she defeated Candi Devine to become the AWA Women’s Champion. Their rivalry lasted more than a year with the championship trading hands on several occasions.

It was during this time that she began perfecting her skills as a manager, leading “Playboy” Buddy Rose and “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers to the AWA Tag Team Championship. On June 28, 1986, Martel would win the AWA Women’s Championship for a third and final time from Candi Devine.

On July 24, 1987, “Sensational” Sherri debuted in WWE, pinning her trainer and mentor the Fabulous Moolah to become Women’s Champion. Sherri defended the gold against Debbie Combs, Velvet McIntyre, and Desiree Peterson.

She quickly earned the reputation as someone who would do anything to win, even if it meant using unsavory tactics. Her rivalry with Moolah continued as they became the captains for the first-ever female Survivor Series teams in 1989. Sherri held the championship for 15 months before losing to Rockin’ Robin.

In the early ‘90s WWE phased out the Women’s Division, leaving Sherri to focus on managing the male wrestlers. Her first client was “Macho Man” Randy Savage. It was during this time that she became “Sensation Queen.”

The couple had rivals with Miss Elizabeth, Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes and Sapphire. In 1991, “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase enlisted her services. After that relationship dissolved, she took on the managerial duties of Shawn Michaels.

In 1994, Sherri appeared in WCW as “Sensuous” Sherri managing Ric Flair during his rivalries with Sting and Hulk Hogan. After separating from Flair, she became “Sister” Sherri guiding Harlem Heat to seven WCW Tag Team Championships.

Sherri was enshrined in the WWE Hall of Fame in 2006. “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase was her presenter.

source: wwe.com

Terrible news, my condolences and prayers go out to her family. 49, was the age my father passed away at..

bad_meetz_evil
06-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Sad news, I remember she being inducted in the HOF last year. I wonder what's the cause of her death.

Flair Country
06-15-2007, 09:20 PM
So sad, without a doubt one of the greatest managers ever. RIP

Black Widow
06-15-2007, 09:54 PM
rest in piece sherri

legolas4792
06-15-2007, 10:54 PM
i wouldnt have expected it seems like just yesterday she was on tv in the hall of fame thing

yankeesman77
06-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Definitely Sad news and Sherri was one of the best Female entertainers to ever enter the world of Sports Entertainment, she will be definitely missed. RIP Sherri, you were truly Sensational.

Phenomenal One
06-16-2007, 01:35 AM
RIP sherri

J-man
06-16-2007, 04:32 AM
RIP Sherri... You will always be remembered

demolition89
06-16-2007, 05:21 AM
Sherri broke the old mode and set a new standard. RIP SHERRI!

Slayer_X
06-16-2007, 06:33 AM
She was ugly ,loud, and irratating.everything a pro wrestler should be.ill drink one to her.R.I.P....

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
06-16-2007, 03:05 PM
RIP Sherri. My Thoughts and Prayers For the Family

The_Mike
06-16-2007, 03:41 PM
I have only recently managed to see some of Sherri's wrestling, which was really enjoyable, but I was there for her managerial prime while she managed guys like Macho King and HBK. She really added a lot to their personas and their matches, giving us a lot of great memories and exciting moments. Even as a wee mark who booed all the heels I enjoyed seeing her perform and admired how involved she got in things. She'll really be missed.

XXKSXX
06-16-2007, 04:49 PM
RIP

She worked well with everybody she manged always did her job and she was pretty good at it to.

DEMON
06-16-2007, 08:19 PM
you know I hope nobody here thinks I'm being "morose" or "morbid" or anything in that frame of mind,BUT,after the Vinnie Mac thing monday night,it got me thinking...

"who would be the next to go?"

I mean there hasn't been a death involving a wrestler for damn near 7 months(as far as I can remember).
All I'm saying is that,or a little while there,wrestlers or former wrestlers as well,were passing away what seemed like every other month or so.

I just thought it was odd that Vinnie Mac does the "death thing",and there hadn't been any deaths for a little while.

What a shame that Sherrie passed on after this whole charade of McMahon had come to pass,because I honestly dont think Sherrie will get the proper respect that she is due because of Vinnies horrible storyline.

REST IN PIECE SHERRIE,FOR YOU WILL BE GREATLY MISSED!

LionDen
06-17-2007, 10:18 AM
A great manager and way to young to die. R.I.P Sherri and best wishes from UOWForums to the family and friends.

scorpionf
06-17-2007, 12:34 PM
RIP Sherri!

49 is so young :(

bigdadda04
06-18-2007, 03:26 AM
rip sherri she is remembered as agreat wrestler she could out do many of the male managers

Kyal_Cena
06-18-2007, 08:51 AM
She was sensational RIP