PDA

View Full Version : This is my opinion why RAW and Smackdown dont draw enough

flamesoffury
06-22-2007, 03:37 AM
In the last couple of years, I have been closely following RAW and SmackDown. Since 2003 maybe even earlier then that, something caught my attention. There has not been(or very few) a major title that changed hands on an episode of RAW or SmackDown.

There is a slight chance that a major title changes hand on television(not ppv) for example, kurt angle becoming world heavyweight champ jan 06 and brock lesnar becoming undisputed champ september 03. Also, i just remembered Edge beat RVD and Cena on RAW for the 2nd wwe championship.. i believe that was on RAW but correct me if i'm wrong.

Now hear are my reasons why I think that RAW and Smackdown dont draw enough. As a fan, we want to see our favorite superstars win matches, and obviously become champions. The problem is, we know not to expect any title changes let alone any title matches on any regular tv shows. We, the fans, know that the title changes will happen on a pay per view like it does 99% of the time. We need a major title to be changed on RAW or SmackDown. It would be a huge surprise to us internet fans, the fans at the stadium, and it would defenitely be talked about because most of us wont expect it to happen.

tommy
06-22-2007, 05:34 AM
Edge has won two world titles on tv...one on smackdown, one of raw.

JohnCenaFan28
06-22-2007, 11:38 PM
^^ I'm guessing that was to rectify what flamesoffury is talking about...

legolas4792
06-22-2007, 11:55 PM
thats what ppv is for if they changed it often on smackdown or raw then less people will order ppvs

JohnCenaFan28
06-23-2007, 12:08 AM
thats what ppv is for if they changed it often on smackdown or raw then less people will order ppvs

Well at least let it change once in a while on RAW/SD and not just with the MITB...

flamesoffury
06-23-2007, 06:59 PM

no... people dont order ppvs just for one match.. there are 3 world titles.. and not all world titles are guaranteed to switch. so that makes no sense whatsoever.

Edge has won two world titles on tv...one on smackdown, one of raw.

i knew i missed one.. point is.. very few title changes happen on television. there is no surprise factor in the tv shows. we know to expect everything on ppv so not as many people tune into the shows. especially smackdown, since people read the spoilers online and dont watch it on friday night.

bad_meetz_evil
06-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Maybe its because of increase of PPVs, and since they want more buy rates, let the PPVs be much more unpredictible then the weekly shows. Maybe keep the weekly shows for the build up, and rare title changes.

The Legend Killer 21
06-23-2007, 11:02 PM
It's the talent, storylines, and ability to put on a good show that draws not title changes.

flamesoffury
06-24-2007, 12:49 AM
It's the talent, storylines, and ability to put on a good show that draws not title changes.

storylines that draw? nowadays? no. look at the "death of vince" angle.. raw is actually doing worse then it normally does, wwe stocks are down, and many people have said the angle is laughable. I think its ok (but its not even halfway complete so i cant judge it yet). Talent that draws? Of course.. but more people would watch if a certain star (take edge for example) was champion. He was the most watched champion in 5 years(i think).. they were getting well over 4.0 but now RAW is at 3.0+ so talent is a factor but not the only factor. Like i said.. there is no surprise factor in RAW or SmackDown and it does not keep us the fans wanting more. We know to expect everything at the ppvs. So we have no choice but to buy them. Look at Wrestlemania for example.. doesnt matter who is champion.. we know its worth buying for because of its reputation.

jarry
06-25-2007, 10:58 AM
i agree
if ppl werent sure whether the title would change hands or not then shows ratings would most defiently go up

Ukraine32
06-25-2007, 06:08 PM
The Best Title change on a non PPV was Jericho winning on HHH...So match Fan ovation

van buren boy
06-27-2007, 04:51 AM
they need more unpredictabitltiy bring back bishoff