PDA

View Full Version : iMPACT! Sets New Ratings Record!!!

Flair Country
06-23-2007, 05:00 AM
TNA Impact shattered their ratings record last night, scoring just over a 1.2 rating, the highest in the history of the series. I haven't heard a share or an estimated audience yet. Previously, the only time TNA has scored a 1.2 rating was the two hour "This is TNA" Monday Night special on 2/12. Even more interesting is that reruns of CSI: Miami were the lead-in, while reruns of the UFC Ultimate Fighter reality series followed TNA. That will have to help TNA's standing with SpikeTV as they continue to negotiate a new deal for what many in the company hope will be a two hour series.

The rating may also give TNA some momentum going into next week's episode, which in a departure from the usual format of the series, will be built around just TNA champion Kurt Angle vs. Christian Cage vs. Rhino. That match, which will run the duration of the entire episode, was considered by many inside and out of the company (including our own Richard Trionfo) to be the best bout ever held on TNA Impact, dating back to the series' debut in June 2004.

PWInsider

It's good to see TNA grabbing some new viewers out there!

legolas4792
06-23-2007, 05:03 AM
moving up one step at a time

Butoden
06-23-2007, 11:26 AM
YAAAAYY! TNA's ratings rise and WWE's ratings lower - HELL YEA! Good good!

The Legend Killer 21
06-23-2007, 11:06 PM
let's party! not, this isnt a huge deal so they did a little betterthan before big whoop

flamesoffury
06-24-2007, 12:52 AM
tna marks... cant stand them :lmao:

1.1 to 1.2 now that's what i call shattering the old record. :lmao:

imagine when raw went to 5.0+ when edge was champion.. that was total annihilation :lmao:

yankeesman77
06-24-2007, 01:02 AM
1.2 is better than 1.1 but lets be honest this isn't jumping off the charts or gaining new members. What it is is pretty much adding a few more viewers because they were bored and had nothing else to watch but other than having Jay Lethal screwed out of his X Division Title with Samoa Joe it was a pretty good show. Jay should of at least given a push to Lethal other than the predictability of giving Joe the X Division Title.

stylesclash1
06-25-2007, 06:40 PM
When I clicked on this topic, I was hoping for something higher.

1.2 isn't that great but atleast its a step in the right direction. Lets see if they can maintain this.