PDA

View Full Version : Chris Benoit NOT dead after all?

pimpacious
06-26-2007, 01:00 AM
I sincerely hope the following is true, because like most of you I can't believe this tragic deaths happened and I would never dream of making a joke out of Chris Benoit and his family's death . I got it from wikipedia :

Death

On June 25, 2007, Benoit and his family were found dead in their home in Atlanta. It was first reported to fans of the WWE via WWE Mobile. There are no exact details are known about this death at this time. [2] Through their website, World Wrestling Entertainment also released the following statement:

The events surrounding the alleged death of WWE wrestler Chris Benoit are one of many storylines for the WWE's plan to boost flailing ratings. With the recent exposure of Vince McMahon's failed "death" story as an embarrassment to the company, a more legitimate effort was made to present a second storyline that had to do with a wrestler. Close timing between the failed story and this more "conclusive" Benoit-death story only adds more intrigue, and thus a higher possibility for success and ratings. The WWE teamed up with numerous other websites on the Internet to better propagate the false news story. TNAwrestling.com, a long time competitor of WWE which never reports on WWE's stories even presented a tribute. This is a joint-ploy between TNA and WWE to try to further legitimize The Benoit-death story. The above information comes from an employee of WWE's development team. He remained anonymous dude the volatile nature of the subject (considering it hasn't even aired yet) and he identified himself only as Shane.

PW Headlines stated that Benoit called in to WWE Sunday and said he would be unable to make it back as his family was ill and they were spitting up blood. [81]

if such is the case I find this truly despicable and in truly bad taste, dragging the family into this nonsense and having it take place after sherri's death. I thought WWE had sunk it's lowest when they decided to make eddie's death a fucking joke by using him as an excuse to get mysterio over as a heavyweight champ but this just takes it to a new low

then again I've heard that wikipedia is not that much of a reliable source but I haven't seen benoit's death reported in any news websites only in wrestling and other forums.

bad_meetz_evil
06-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Whats your source?

vegeta02012
06-26-2007, 01:08 AM
oh go away, no one would be that f*cked up

pimpacious
06-26-2007, 01:08 AM
The source is wikipedia

Again, i've heard a lot of people complain about it not being a reliable source but as of right now I haven't found any other news website reporting it aside from wrestling news sites and if such is the case that this is all a hoax I thought that the wrestling fans on this site should know about it.