PDA

View Full Version : God

M-J
05-11-2006, 09:26 AM
I know there was a thread like this before, but i want to make a thread because now since the debate forum is up, we want more people to post in this to give us oppinions.

does he exsist is there prof that he is alive and is jesus his real son or was their more to story than people are letting on?

i think he does exist, i mean who do you think who created us, there is no such thing as evolution.. god exist, and you will notice that... people think that we created god becasuse we talk about him and say how did we got created well the answer is GOD who created us.

Sunshine Acid
05-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Oh no...I will try my best not to get involved in this thread. :hmm:

Stunner
05-11-2006, 02:06 PM
TOO LATE SHANNON!!,lol

If he exists where's he hiding and is there a bounty on his head. JK
If God exists then so do ghosts. Ya don't seem them often but ya got unexplainable accurances making ppl wonder.

Kaz
05-11-2006, 02:14 PM
I believe in God and that he is our creator and he sent his son to Earth to die for our sins etc. (though you can pretty much tell that just by looking at my sig)

Sunshine Acid
05-11-2006, 03:28 PM
TOO LATE SHANNON!!,lol

If he exists where's he hiding and is there a bounty on his head. JK
If God exists then so do ghosts. Ya don't seem them often but ya got unexplainable accurances making ppl wonder.

Yeah it is too late I suppose, and I just can't stay out of this thread lol. I love debating and since most of the people here probably believe in god it will be me vs everyone again. :agree:

I am an athiest, I dont believe in god, and I hate organized religion. (or religion in general) Religion has done more bad than it has good for the world and mankind. It is one of the main roots of stupidity, hatred, war, and greed. I also refuse to blindly believe in god because a book or people that came before me told me to.

Kaz
05-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Religion has done more bad than it has good for the world and mankind.

I agree... Religion is the reason for so many wars, controversy and so forth.

Angelique
05-11-2006, 04:03 PM
i am not a religious person nor a sciencist, but both sides have given their proof of whether GOD is real or not. It comes down to a faith belief. Either you do believe we were made for a reason or we evolved into who we are just like other animals did before us. i do not do church for the simple fact it is that either the parish are fake or the preachers themselfs. Now when they started going/preaching they did not start that way but they do. It is evitable, it does happen, it has happened and it will always happen. Do I pray, no, do i believe there is a higher power guiding me in life, no. I make my own choices and I make my own decisions. Do i believe some man gave up his only child for people he has never met no. I am a parent I would NEVER give my child up freely for anything. Nor would i ask my child to the same thing. Do u think u could have that discussion with your child bout giving his/her life to someone he never will met? When the bible was created it was deciphered by men of faith right... how could they know when the have no idea what language it was written in and how do we as a person even know they were right? They have no facts or evidence or proof to base anything they *read* off. My bitchy opinion has usual!

Sunshine Acid
05-11-2006, 04:06 PM
i am not a religious person nor a sciencist, but both sides have given their proof of whether GOD is real or not. It comes down to a faith belief. Either you do believe we were made for a reason or we evolved into who we are just like other animals did before us. i do not do church for the simple fact it is that either the parish are fake or the preachers themselfs. Now when they started going/preaching they did not start that way but they do. It is evitable, it does happen, it has happened and it will always happen. Do I pray, no, do i believe there is a higher power guiding me in life, no. I make my own choices and I make my own decisions. Do i believe some man gave up his only child for people he has never met no. I am a parent I would NEVER give my child up freely for anything. Nor would i ask my child to the same thing. Do u think u could have that discussion with your child bout giving his/her life to someone he never will met? When the bible was created it was deciphered by men of faith right... how could they know when the have no idea what language it was written in and how do we as a person even know they were right? They have no facts or evidence or proof to base anything they *read* off. My bitchy opinion has usual!

Not bitchy, well thought out. :) I always say relgion is a short cut to thinking. :tongue:

Voodoo
05-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I am an athiest, I dont believe in god, and I hate organized religion. (or religion in general) Religion has done more bad than it has good for the world and mankind. It is one of the main roots of stupidity, hatred, war, and greed. I also refuse to blindly believe in god because a book or people that came before me told me to.

This isnt a religion debate, it's a debate on whether you believe in some type of god or not.

As for me, as much as I want to believe that there is a god, there just isnt any concrete proof for me to do so. I believe that Gods were created for people to feel safe during life and death, for example if you believe in a god then essentially you'll never be alone and with a God comes some form of afterlife so that when people do die they'll feel like there is something on the other side for them. So as of right now I do not believe in a god sadly, I just need some type of concrete proof.

Sunshine Acid
05-11-2006, 05:24 PM
This isnt a religion debate, it's a debate on whether you believe in some type of god or not.

As for me, as much as I want to believe that there is a god, there just isnt any concrete proof for me to do so. I believe that Gods were created for people to feel safe during life and death, for example if you believe in a god then essentially you'll never be alone and with a God comes some form of afterlife so that when people do die they'll feel like there is something on the other side for them. So as of right now I do not believe in a god sadly, I just need some type of concrete proof.

God is part of religion, and the reason I dont believe in god is because I dislike religion. Not the only reason, but it is relevant. But just saying whether or not you believe in god is not a debate, a debate would be arguing the existance of god.

Relgion is the belief and worship of a god or some sort of universal supernatural creator. God is directly connected to relgion and I dont believe in relgion therefore I do not believe in god. The answer you gave is primarily why people believe in a god though.

Stunner
05-12-2006, 12:23 AM
God, The Holy Ghost....ya well I've managed to see more proof of actual ghosts than God. What's that tell ya. Let's say there is a God and starts to read off the "bad" things you've done in your lifetime. What the worst that can happen? He isn't going to hurt you or slap your wrist because that's "wrong" or ungodly. God wouldn't hurt 1 of his children. Remember that's saying there IS a god.

I don't know 1 way or the other if there is or isn't but right now there isn't a God in my head. What is the definition of God anyway....Well that all depends on your believes and that's not the point of this debate.

"Conclusions on the existence of God can be roughly divided into two camps: theist and atheist. Both of these camps can be further divided into two groups each, based on the belief of whether or not their position has been conclusively proven by the arguments." Credit: Wikipedia.org (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence_of_God)

z-ero
05-12-2006, 09:11 AM
well since i posted a thread like this in weird and supernatural then yeah i will contribute to it aswell.

i think god is fake as their has been no proof of him acctually exsisting people all ways tell me about the great things he has done and stuff like that but if he was so great where is he now the world is getting worse every year and he has not shown up or granted any miracles that is making the world a better place.

if he cares for us so much then he would not let us be our own doom.

M-J
05-12-2006, 11:57 AM
I agree... Religion is the reason for so many wars, controversy and so forth.

well, yes i agree with you, but why are they fighting, because they even so are debating the real religion, which i think it is "Muslim" and then people will hate and starts to threaten, that is caused the war.

like in Lebanon there was a civil war between , Jews, Muslims and even Christian... they were fighting for a real religion.

and not all wars are from religion, maybe most of the civil wars but not all wars, is the WW1 and 2 involved in religion? maybe because hitler hated the jews didnt cause the war , it happend in war.

For you vooodooo:

if you want proof, go check out the bible or the quran. they tell you proofs, and you will be shocked, last time, i still have a short clip, of a guy who was being a punk and when he died, they buried him and after 3 hours, he became burnt under the grave, and his hair was white etc.. i really got shocked and started to pray and everything, else because i dont want to be involved like this guy, and he was 18 By the way. ask BME

i can still upload it, but i do not want to.

Stunner
05-12-2006, 12:08 PM
No offense but how do they know he became burnt and white hair unless they dug up his grave?

M-J
05-12-2006, 12:12 PM
well, his father said that he was a punk and stuff, when he died they dug him up and wanted to tested him, so what happened after 3 hours they got him up, he was burnt, with white hair, his brain is coming out from his nose, i mean

he had a black hair, and he was white.

this is god punishment, and thats why hell i beieleve in god, and i was born bieleving in god.

WHAT ARE WE DOING NOW , IS WE ARE GIVING PROOFS SO PEOPLE BIELEVE IN GOD AND IN THE END WE WILL GIVE OUT A CONCLUSION WHICH NOT NOW.

Sunshine Acid
05-12-2006, 12:31 PM
well, yes i agree with you, but why are they fighting, because they even so are debating the real religion, which i think it is "Muslim" and then people will hate and starts to threaten, that is caused the war.

like in Lebanon there was a civil war between , Jews, Muslims and even Christian... they were fighting for a real religion.

and not all wars are from religion, maybe most of the civil wars but not all wars, is the WW1 and 2 involved in religion? maybe because hitler hated the jews didnt cause the war , it happend in war.

For you vooodooo:

if you want proof, go check out the bible or the quran. they tell you proofs, and you will be shocked, last time, i still have a short clip, of a guy who was being a punk and when he died, they buried him and after 3 hours, he became burnt under the grave, and his hair was white etc.. i really got shocked and started to pray and everything, else because i dont want to be involved like this guy, and he was 18 By the way. ask BME

i can still upload it, but i do not want to.

Thats a load of shit, and as far as the bible goes it is full of false information. The bible is NOT factual book and isn't even close to it.

Religion was stories made and developed by humans to explain phenomena they couldn't explain at the time because they weren't advanced or intelligent enough. Religion is also a way to control people and keep order. Make them behave, if you kill you get punhished and go to hell, simple enough. It is to control the masses. The catholic church in the crusades got thousands of people to give up their lives in the name of god because they were promised to go directly to heaven, if that isn't control then what is?

Stunner
05-12-2006, 12:44 PM
A Leash?

M-J
05-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Thats a load of shit, and as far as the bible goes it is full of false information. The bible is NOT factual book and isn't even close to it.

Religion was stories made and developed by humans to explain phenomena they couldn't explain at the time because they weren't advanced or intelligent enough. Religion is also a way to control people and keep order. Make them behave, if you kill you get punhished and go to hell, simple enough. It is to control the masses. The catholic church in the crusades got thousands of people to give up their lives in the name of god because they were promised to go directly to heaven, if that isn't control then what is?

oh you mean, people created names and put them in religious stories? what a stupid thing to say... ok for example you see a movie, which was based on a true story, and u werent there? do you beieleve it? ofcourse you shoudl it says it is a true story, same as a bible, it tells us god stories.

the madscotsman
05-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Loki: That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter," that's an indictment of organized religion. The Walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buda, or with his tusks, the Hindu elephant god Lord Ganesha. Now, that takes care of your Eastern religions. Now, the Carpenter, which is obviously a reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son. He represents the Western religions. Now, in the poem, what do they do? What do they do? They dup all these oysters into following them, and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en mass. Now, I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths, based on mythological figures insures the destruction of ones inner-being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions, out of, out of fear of some intangible parent figure that shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says, "Do it . . . do it and I'll fu**in' spank you!"

LG
05-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Let me first say this: There are so many religions here in the world. So many confusing people that came together to think up something that was from whatever here first. So many people has plagarized religions its pathetic. Muslium, Isalm, Buddist, Judism, and etc...Now I do believe in God and I believe in the Bible, however I remain unreligous in the single fact that there is not one sub-category of christianity that completely believes in the entire word. I go to a Methodist church however the people believe the entire Bible, which I agree and in which I go too. Now for those who doesn't believe in God or whatever heck the excuse you have, I don't care. I simply don't give a rip what you believe. I can't prove God exists, yet I believe. Why? Because i have seen things that made me believe. I have felt things that has shown me to believe in Him. I cannot change what you believe. I do beleive in faith, which is believing in what you cannot see. The bible is not false. So really I dont want to debate, I will just believe in what I believe and no one can change that.

M-J
05-12-2006, 05:13 PM
^^

i agree with you, you can see things natural like, grand canyon, mount everest, forests. who created them US? no GOD did.

LG
05-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Excuse me Jamal Junior Allah isn't God. Muslims are not right at all. So you posted this thread saying there is a God but you didnt point out that you were Muslim or that you believed in Allah. So frankly you are wrong and wrong for making that first post.

Voodoo
05-12-2006, 05:33 PM
For you vooodooo:

Ummmm, I've read the bible multiple times so I came to my own conclusions in the skeptics way. Oh and I asked for concrete proof, just because it's written in a book doesnt mean it's true.

bad_meetz_evil
05-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Excuse me Jamal Junior Allah isn't God. Muslims are not right at all. So you posted this thread saying there is a God but you didnt point out that you were Muslim or that you believed in Allah. So frankly you are wrong and wrong for making that first post.

No, excuse me. Allah means god. Its just a word in Arabic. Its the same. So if you dont have any evidence for backing up your statement, then your wrong. 'Cause I'm a Muslim, and an Arab, indeed.

Assassin™
05-12-2006, 07:20 PM
^ That's not always true. When certain sects of the Shi`ite denomination say "Allah", they are referring to the god of Islam and denouncing the 'God' of Christianity.

as far as the bible goes it is full of false information. The bible is NOT factual book and isn't even close to it.
OK, I forgot that you are a few thousand years old and saw everything that happened in the Bible firsthand. Are you going to tell me Jesus was actually a pimp who tricked out the "Virgin" Mary?

Seriously though, you have to remeber that there are billions of people that believe that information to be fact. They put their faith in the theology. I'm not trying to preach, but things aren't always that black and white. As religiuos as this world is, look at all the war and violence we have. Imagine if we had no religions to provide us with some sort of social code to follow. It kind of is ashame that human beings don't have enough sense and self-control to restrain themselves without being told how.

bad_meetz_evil
05-12-2006, 07:29 PM
^ That's not always true. When certain sects of the Shi`ite denomination say "Allah", they are referring to the god of Islam and denouncing the 'God' of Christianity.

God, sent out more then one book, through his messengers. So its all being sent by one god. So they reach god, by diffrent religions, but in the end its the same god were talking about.

Sunshine Acid
05-12-2006, 08:42 PM
oh you mean, people created names and put them in religious stories? what a stupid thing to say... ok for example you see a movie, which was based on a true story, and u werent there? do you beieleve it? ofcourse you shoudl it says it is a true story, same as a bible, it tells us god stories.

So you take every story in the bible literal as if it actually happened? If so, then I feel sorry for you.

Let me first say this: There are so many religions here in the world. So many confusing people that came together to think up something that was from whatever here first. So many people has plagarized religions its pathetic. Muslium, Isalm, Buddist, Judism, and etc...Now I do believe in God and I believe in the Bible, however I remain unreligous in the single fact that there is not one sub-category of christianity that completely believes in the entire word. I go to a Methodist church however the people believe the entire Bible, which I agree and in which I go too. Now for those who doesn't believe in God or whatever heck the excuse you have, I don't care. I simply don't give a rip what you believe. I can't prove God exists, yet I believe. Why? Because i have seen things that made me believe. I have felt things that has shown me to believe in Him. I cannot change what you believe. I do beleive in faith, which is believing in what you cannot see. The bible is not false. So really I dont want to debate, I will just believe in what I believe and no one can change that.

I understand that you have faith and whatever but personally I wouldn't want to base my life on beliefs I don't know to be true. If you were born and told nothing of god or christianity by your parents, peers, ect you wouldn't be christian. You believe and have faith because thats what you adapted to from your surroundings and other influences. You were raised to be a christian, if you were born in India you'd probably be raised Hindu.

God, sent out more then one book, through his messengers. So its all being sent by one god. So they reach god, by diffrent religions, but in the end its the same god were talking about.

No. Each culture has their own variation of religion. They aren't all the same god and not all of them believe in the same afterlife. Jews are still waiting for their messiah so they don't believe in Jesus Christ as god's son. So everyone believes in different ideas, and theories to religion, are all of them right? Of course not, is that even possible? No. Religions vary from culture to culture. You go to different places in the world and you see different customs, ways of life, different cultures, and different religions.

OK, I forgot that you are a few thousand years old and saw everything that happened in the Bible firsthand. Are you going to tell me Jesus was actually a pimp who tricked out the "Virgin" Mary?

Seriously though, you have to remeber that there are billions of people that believe that information to be fact. They put their faith in the theology. I'm not trying to preach, but things aren't always that black and white. As religiuos as this world is, look at all the war and violence we have. Imagine if we had no religions to provide us with some sort of social code to follow. It kind of is ashame that human beings don't have enough sense and self-control to restrain themselves without being told how.

Funny that you mentioned few thousand years old, cause thats how old the bible claims the earth is :rolleyes: The bible is full of contradictions, and if you believe the human race started from adam and eve you have problems. Thats why the bible is not a factual book. It has little to nothing that can be proven as fact and can't be backed up by other historical documentation. Only the existance of Jesus Christ can be found in other historical documents.

To close up, there are countless different religions in the world and in the past. Christianity is actually a fairly new religion and may even fade out in time. If you say I am crazy look at other ideas of religion that faded with time. Mythology? Polytheism faded out. Now if you believe in mythology people will think you are on crack. At the time it was what the greeks, romans, ect believed and if you discraced one of the gods then it was a HUGE deal. See how stupid people seemed back then? That may be what people think of christians thousands of years from now.

Religion is a human created excuse to explain the unexplainable. No one knows what happens when we die so why not create the idea of heaven to give people meaning to live. Why the fuck do you need meaning to live? Just live your life, don't live by the prinicipals of an idea. Especially one created by people way before your time.

Isn't it also mildly ironic or fishy that everything concerning god has happened thousands of years ago. Where are acts of god today? Some people thought the second coming of christ would happen in the turning of the new millenium, did it happen? No of course not. Where are people like Moses today? To split the sea in two, to recieve commandments from a burning bush? Nowhere to be found. Where is god now? You may say well if there is no god how is everything how it is? How do we exist? Who created the mountains and the rivers, and the universe in general? Who knows. But my question to you is who created god? If god can be self existant then why can't we? Everything about relgion says bullshit, and if I am wrong may god strike me dead right now. :)

M-J
05-13-2006, 06:36 PM
first off LK GOD = ALLAH in arabic, i told u that b4 now

BME, it is true, Books have been given to one god and they are 5 books:

Quran - for Muslims
Bible - Christians
al zabbooor - jews (that was translated in arabic)

thats all i know

and onu one GOD ( allah ) sent them , there is only one god

DeadWolf
05-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Being raised as a Christian years ago, I was easily lead to believe that there is a God and higher being in this world who controls us and our lives. I would always hear other relatives of mine telling me, "You know what, if it wasn't for god, you wouldn't even have been born"....And of course I grew older and began to follow my own way of thinking, i'm like "If it weren't for my father planting his semen in my mother's womb, i wouldn't have been born.." All things lead to other contemplations, as to why is this war still going on with thousands/millions of innocent people getting killed with no higher power putting a halt to it. I mean seriously, I don't see any supernatural being coming to earth (sent from God) to end all this suffering. My Uncle is still a Christian, so I decided to have a talk with him about these things. I asked him "why does god not step in and solve this mess?" He tells me "Because man made these mistakes, not god. And as man has made these mistakes, man must fix them." So I'm sitting there saying to myself, {yeah, that makes sense}. But then I ask him "why doesn't God step in and protect his "children"(Us), The children who have not participated in any of these mistakes that "man" has made. Why do we have to suffer for what others have done? I mean seriously, I don't want to die because our idiot President influenced a terrorist to launch a nuclear strike on us from his foolish actions of wanting look like a "good" president." After hearing that, all he said was "well, that's why God is still waiting for man to fix the mistakes they made"...And i sit there. And I say, "well, that's nice and all....But that still doesn't explain why we should die for the "sins" we have not committed."...Sadly enough, he didn't have a response for me. He just only looked at me, which IMO meant something to him. But from that day on, he barely talks to me about the religious scene. He may give me a small lecture about it here and there...but he doesn't go that deep into it anymore.