John Morrison (c) vs. CM Punk

United States Championship
MVP (c) vs. Matt Hardy

Intercontinental Championship
Umaga (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

Women's Championship
Candice Michelle (c) vs. Melina

Cruiserweight Open
Chavo Guerreo (c) vs. Jimmy Wang Yang vs. Funaki vs. Jamie Noble vs. Shannon Moore

Randy Orton vs. Dusty Rhodes
Bull Rope Match

Will be updated as more matches are announced.

tommy
07-11-2007, 01:25 AM
So far it's looking like a pretty good show. Jeff Hardy needs to be put on the card somehow. Thoughts?

Butoden
07-11-2007, 02:30 AM
Looks like a nice card, alot of new opponents / no repeats of past PPV that's a start.

WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Bobby Lashley

I wonder how they are gonna do this, as I think they wont bury Lashley either... I think it might've been too soon for this match so I guess they will make this a uhm DQ win or so... (for Cena d'uh)

World Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) vs. Kane

I kind of think this is a little poor becuz we all know Kane is Mr. Jobber now. If he wins I'll eat my socks lol. Anyways I guess it will be kind of funny to see Kane in action for a long match with a smaller guy.

ECW World Championship
Johnny Nitro (c) vs. CM Punk

Again I think it's too soon for this match, I would like to see Burke vs Nitro and have Nitro win. Who is next to challenge Nitro? Punk again ! :shifty:

Women's Championship
Candice Michelle (c) vs. Melina

Dunno what to say about this, I guess they are fueding but I guess Candice will keep it for a lil while longer.

United States Championship
MVP (c) vs. Matt Hardy

This should be a cool match, at least he's a better opponent than Ric Flair. And a more realistic opponent as well. But if we have to believe the Hardy rumours is they gonna push him as a face who keeps losing but still gets over :shock: so I guess it will be a great match. ^^

The Great Khali vs. Batista

I dunno if they will have Khali lose again to Batista, I guess if they do that they will turn Khali into another 'Umaga' first unbeatable and then a jobber/no meaning guy. Then again Khali never deserved an unbeatable push lol he's aweful. And batista wont lose clean I guess.

Randy Orton vs. Dusty Rhodes
Bull Rope Match

Another victim for Randy Orton, but why does it have to Dusty? lol Anyway i'll be looking forward for this becuz it's Dusty! :D

All with all I guess good wrestling but predictable. The only thing I wonder is HOW will they win/lose but thats okay thats WWE :popcorn:

yankeesman77
07-11-2007, 04:47 AM
The card itself looks some what 50/50. One one hand you have Matt Hardy vs. M.V.P and on the other you have Batista/ Great Khali.

LG
07-11-2007, 06:26 AM
I hope that Dusty beats Orton.

JohnCenaFan28
07-11-2007, 06:58 AM
Ugh, Cena vs Lashley, Matt vs MVP and Batista vs The Great Khali are all going to be crap! I think the matches I really will look forward to are Nitro vs Punk for sure! Kane vs Edge and Melina vs Candice. Can someone tell me what a Texas Bullrope match is?

PS: I think as an added match, Cryme Time should use their tag belt shot at GAB and take it from Cade and Murdoch OR have a huge tag battle royale thing for the tag belts, it could be Cryme Time,London and Kendrik, WGTT, Highlanders(for the sake of it) and Cade and Murdoch, defending their belts...

Butoden
07-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Isnt a bullrope match where both wrestlers have a rope tied around their waist conneting to their opponent so they cant get away from eachother? @_@'

AFC1986
07-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Ugh, Cena vs Lashley, Matt vs MVP and Batista vs The Great Khali are all going to be crap! I think the matches I really will look forward to are Nitro vs Punk for sure! Kane vs Edge and Melina vs Candice. Can someone tell me what a Texas Bullrope match is?

PS: I think as an added match, Cryme Time should use their tag belt shot at GAB and take it from Cade and Murdoch OR have a huge tag battle royale thing for the tag belts, it could be Cryme Time,London and Kendrik, WGTT, Highlanders(for the sake of it) and Cade and Murdoch, defending their belts...

a bullrope match is where each wrestler has one end of the rope wrapped round their wrist and the winner is the person who touches all 4 turnbuckles first

Garden State Saint
07-15-2007, 02:23 PM
This looks to be the best Great American Bash since WWE brought it back. The question is, who gets hurt for real, Batista or Khali?

ray ray
07-15-2007, 07:07 PM
i think the ecw title match will be the best match plus i'm a ecw mark

banky814
07-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Hardy vs. MVP will undoubtedly be the best match of the night, they're both great wrestlers so it should be good. I hope Matt Hardy wins.

I also really hope Kane wins his match. I am a HUGE Kane fan and I would love to see him as World Champion.

Cena vs. Lashley I could really care less. I'm 90% sure Cena will win anyway

Nitro vs. CM Punk, well we've seen it before, and I dont think it was that exciting the first time but oh well. I hope Nitro retains. I really dont like CM Punk, I used to be a fan of his, then he soldout and came to the WWE after that I decided I wasnt a fan anymore.

Orton WILL beat Dusty Rhodes, its gonna happen. I like Dusty, and I like Orton, but I know Orton will win. This should be an awesome match too

Melina vs. Candice, nothing special, I hope Candice retains

Batista vs. Khali should be interesting, I think Batista will win this one, but it really doesnt matter to me as I am a fan of both of them

so theres all my opinions on the Great American Bash

tommy
07-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Hardy vs. MVP will undoubtedly be the best match of the night, they're both great wrestlers so it should be good. I hope Matt Hardy wins.

I also really hope Kane wins his match. I am a HUGE Kane fan and I would love to see him as World Champion.

Cena vs. Lashley I could really care less. I'm 90% sure Cena will win anyway

Nitro vs. CM Punk, well we've seen it before, and I dont think it was that exciting the first time but oh well. I hope Nitro retains. I really dont like CM Punk, I used to be a fan of his, then he soldout and came to the WWE after that I decided I wasnt a fan anymore.

Orton WILL beat Dusty Rhodes, its gonna happen. I like Dusty, and I like Orton, but I know Orton will win. This should be an awesome match too

Melina vs. Candice, nothing special, I hope Candice retains

Batista vs. Khali should be interesting, I think Batista will win this one, but it really doesnt matter to me as I am a fan of both of them

so theres all my opinions on the Great American Bash

"He soldout and came to WWE"

Are you an idiot? I mean, if you have that mentality, EVERY singple person in WWE would be a sellout. They all left the small legues for the WWE. Saying that is like saying someone who playes baseball shouldn't go into the major leagues or he just sold out.

banky814
07-18-2007, 12:00 AM
but CM Punk said himself he would never go to the WWE therefor he soldout in my book. So, no, I am not an idiot, are you?

JohnCenaFan28
07-18-2007, 04:15 AM
I want Melina to win or Candice win and have either Jillian Hall or Beth Phoenix go for the belt...

tommy
07-18-2007, 05:08 AM
but CM Punk said himself he would never go to the WWE therefor he soldout in my book. So, no, I am not an idiot, are you?

If he said it on ROH or TNA, that was just to get over more with the two companies. This is his life, his career. What would you do? Stay in the small time, or move up. It's the natural choice for anyone, and I'm glad he did because I don't watch much of the other two shows and I enjoy seeing Punk every week. Not only that but, with the exception of about one month, he's been constantly pushed in the WWE.

banky814
07-18-2007, 07:39 AM
what would I do? I'd stick to my word. But this isnt the only reason as to why I dont like CM Punk (not that I was even a HUGE fan of his before the WWE) I also find this "I'm straight edge, I dont drink, I dont smoke, I dont do drugs, my addiction is wrestling, grrrrr!" to be very annoying. He's straight edge, big frickin whoop! I mean its fine that he is, I'm not sayin he sux cause he's straight edge, but hearing about it all the time is annoying. Besides, I never thought CM Punk fit into the WWE, he is extremely talented and we all know the WWE is notorious for lowering good wrestler's talent if they see fit (ex: John Cena) CM has a whole arsenal of moves, now on ECW he has become just as predictable as Cena and Hogan. And that isnt his fault, its the WWE's. I dont think he fits there and I dont like that he signed with them. And if he wanted to be in a big promotion then he should've gone to TNA, he'd fit in nicely there, sure it isnt as big as the WWE but its still pretty damn good.

tommy
07-19-2007, 02:24 AM
what would I do? I'd stick to my word. But this isnt the only reason as to why I dont like CM Punk (not that I was even a HUGE fan of his before the WWE) I also find this "I'm straight edge, I dont drink, I dont smoke, I dont do drugs, my addiction is wrestling, grrrrr!" to be very annoying. He's straight edge, big frickin whoop! I mean its fine that he is, I'm not sayin he sux cause he's straight edge, but hearing about it all the time is annoying. Besides, I never thought CM Punk fit into the WWE, he is extremely talented and we all know the WWE is notorious for lowering good wrestler's talent if they see fit (ex: John Cena) CM has a whole arsenal of moves, now on ECW he has become just as predictable as Cena and Hogan. And that isnt his fault, its the WWE's. I dont think he fits there and I dont like that he signed with them. And if he wanted to be in a big promotion then he should've gone to TNA, he'd fit in nicely there, sure it isnt as big as the WWE but its still pretty damn good.

I disagree. TNA, to me, is VERY sub-par. I can't stand watching it most of the time. CM does have a lot more talent than he shows...I just wish he'd start using the Anaconda Vice again.

Also, I accidently hit "edit" instead of "quote" on your post. I didn't change anything, but that' why it says I edited it. Sorry.

JohnCenaFan28
07-21-2007, 03:03 AM
It's weird no tag matches are on the card and it's too late now...

rko 4 life
07-22-2007, 03:11 PM
okay this is the great american bash thread and you guys are mods pathetic

anyway i dont know why they added carlito vs sandman but at least it is a cane match

BeLtHaZoR
07-24-2007, 04:35 PM
* (Bad or Not Interrested In Watching) ** (Decent) *** (Good) **** (Great) ***** (Magnificent)
!!! I’m A Wrestling Fan, Not A Wrestling Entertainment Fan !!!

WWE The Great American Bash 2007 (July 22nd) 15/45 1.16 Bad PPV

United States Championship: Montel Vontavious Porter (c) def. Matt Hardy. ***
Cruiserweight Championship: Cruiserweight Open: Hornswoggle def. Chavo Guerrero (c), Jimmy Wang Yang, Funaki, Jamie Noble & Shannon Moore. ***
Singapore Cane on a Pole Match: Carlito def. Sandman. *
Women’s Championship: Candice Michelle (c) def. Melina. *
Intercontinental Championship: “The Samoan Bulldozer” Umaga (c) def. Jeff Hardy. *
ECW World Championship: John Morrison (c) def. CM Punk. *** =MotN=
Texas Bullrope Match: “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton def. Dusty Rhodes. *
World Heavyweight Championship: The Great Khali (c) def. Batista .vs. “The Big Red Machine” Kane. *
WWE Championship: John Cena def. Bobby Lashley. *