PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Ruled!

Garden State Saint
07-11-2007, 09:16 PM
I saw Transformers last night and it totally kicked ass. Has anybody else seen it?

Bad Boy
07-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Yep, I've seen it, and it ruled too... one of the best movies of Summer 2007

Vance
07-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Yes,i've seen it too..freakin awesome movie...movie of the year imo.

flamesoffury
07-12-2007, 01:21 AM
pirates 3 > transformers.. the acting was horrible.. the main guy and girl sucked major ass. optimus prime (voice actor) was the best character in the movie.

deadmanwalkin
07-12-2007, 04:38 AM
Dude How Can U Hate That Movie Ive Seen It Twice Now And It Was Great Both Times Im Sure Pirates 3 Was Great Too (didnt See It, Didnt Get A Chance To See It Either) But Come On Shia Labeuf Was The Shit And Megan Fox Was Fine As Hell

gator
07-12-2007, 10:15 AM
optimus prime still kicks ass

Bad Boy
07-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Transformers is in my opinion better than both Spider Man 3 and POC 3... those two didnt live up to the hype as many have said they two lacked... but Transformers, amazing CGI, nice story and overall good acting too...

deadmanwalkin
07-12-2007, 12:18 PM
omg dude me and my friend were both thinking the same thing it was the best movie of the year

Kaz
07-12-2007, 12:32 PM
I can't see that movie... I thought transformers were renegade robots I can't have my perception destoroyed with the stupid 'from mars' thing.

Garden State Saint
07-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Transformers was a border line comedy. It was surprisingly funny throughout the whole movie and having Bernie Mac in it for a few minutes was a nice touch.

cris
07-12-2007, 08:14 PM
pirates 3 > transformers.. the acting was horrible.. the main guy and girl sucked major ass. optimus prime (Peter Cullen) was the best character in the movie.

Goofs for Transformers (2007)

Continuity: In the beginning of the film, when all of the Air Force Soldiers are on a transport helicopter, USAF Tech Sergeant Epps is wearing a pair of Oakley Monster Dog sunglasses on his head for the first minute or so. When it flashes back to him during conversation, they are gone.

Continuity: Sam says his Great-great-grandfather made his expedition in 1897. However, when Frenzy finds the article about the expedition on Air Force One, the newspaper article had a date of 1895.

Crew or equipment visible: When Sam Witwicky arrives at the party, the camera crane can be briefly seen as a shadow.

Continuity: When Sam and Mikaela are in the older version of the Bumblebee/Camaro, there are insert shots of the odometer & gages/dashboard which are actually from the updated Camaro.

Audio/visual unsynchronized: When Mikaela closes the door of the tow truck the audio says "Help me Sam" yet on screen she only mouths "Sam".

Factual errors: When Mikaela looks under the hood of the Camaro at the engine, she says "Hey, you have a double-pumper carburetor." The engine she is looking at is obviously fuel-injected, having no carburetor.

Factual errors: The movie states that it is the present day. However, the aircraft carriers of the naval battle group are still shown to have F-14 Tomcats parked on their decks. The F-14 was retired in March of 2006.

Factual errors: During the attack on the Qatar base you see M1 abrams tanks being thrown towards a line of M60 tanks. The marines were the last active duty branch to use M60s and quickly upgraded to M1s after the first Gulf War in the early 90s.

Crew or equipment visible: When Sam encounters Barricade, Barricade opens the driver side door and knocks Sam off his bicycle. In the next shot, a person is clearly seen in the driver seat of the car, closing the door.

Continuity: When Mikaela hot wires a truck to transport BumbleBee, the truck has an automatic shifter in the center of the truck. When she goes to put in park after driving Bumblebee into the ally, she shifts into park through a shifter in the steering column.

Factual errors: When they are explaining that Hoover had the dam built, it was actually FDR that had the dam built during the depression for jobs. It was called the boulder dam and then later named after Hoover and wasn't for the reason they said. They also say Hoover was president in '36, when it in fact was Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): The country of Qatar has a correct pronunciation of "cutter" and is repeatedly mispronounced throughout the movie.

Revealing mistakes: During the first ride that Mikaela takes in Sam's car, both windows are obviously down during their conversation. Yet, neither one has any wind blowing on them. Their hair never moves.

Continuity: When the bot emerges from the pool in the front of the little girl, water is pouring off of him everywhere. He then steps over the girl, but in the next close-up, she is perfectly dry.

Errors in geography: In the beginning, during the Qatar scenes, you can see mountains in the background. The country of Qatar has no mountains and the highest elevation is 295 feet above sea level.

Anachronisms: On Air Force One, the Hostess Ding Dong which is requested is clearly visible in foil wrapping. Ding Dongs stopped being wrapped in foil many years ago.

Continuity: When Sam first picks Mikaela up and the car stops driving she has her hair up and curly, but later when he drops her off at home her hair is straight.

Crew or equipment visible: As Ron drives Sam past the Porsche dealership, the reflection of the camera car filming them is briefly visible on the dealership's windows.

Continuity: When in the air, Air Force One is a 747. On the ground, however, it is suddenly a KC-135 painted to look like Air Force One. You can see the refueling boom when Barricade pulls up.

Continuity: Bumblebee's windows change between tinted and untinted.

Continuity: When the head of Sector 7 is showing the Defense Secretary the picture taken by the Mars rover he compares it to the picture taken by the soldier at the attack at Qatar. The one from Qatar should be a night time shot but in this scene you can clearly see the sun behind Blackout, in fact it is the exact same photo from the rover just zoomed out.

Crew or equipment visible: When they go to the lake party a cameraman is visible in Mikaela's boyfriend's truck's mirror.

Factual errors: When Barricade questions Sam about the glasses, he refers to them as "eBay item 21153". However, current eBay listing numbers are 12 digits long, and have been longer than 5 digits for almost a decade. Additionally, when the eBay auction page is shown on screen, the item number is missing. Finally, the eBay page layout is a (slightly modified) layout that hasn't been used since early April 2007.

Errors in geography: At the end when the dead decepticons are being dumped into the abyss in the Atlantic the camera shows a stern view of a US guided missile destroyer. The ship's name and hull number are visible and it proves to be the USS Shoup (DDG 86). The Shoup is a Pacific fleet based ship and would not be in the Atlantic, showing that this scene was filmed in the Pacific Ocean not the Atlantic.

Factual errors: When the Pentagon sends a Predator drone to provide footage of the Rangers' battle with Scorponok, it is in fact an RQ-4A Global Hawk that is shown in the film.

Revealing mistakes: When Mikaela takes the wires to hot wire the truck, the wires are already stripped.

Continuity: When Sam is laying on his bed listening to the radio he is wearing only his boxer shorts, however, in the next scene as he runs to the kitchen he is wearing his jeans. The audio of the radio station never breaks or jumps forward so he clearly doesn't have time to put any jeans on.

Continuity: When Sam first encounters Barricade, the sun is still up, but setting; minutes later, as he and Bumblebee are escaping, it is suddenly night.

Continuity: After all landlines and cell phones are to be shutdown, people in the background of the fight scene in the city are seen using their cellphones.

Continuity: Mikaela's nail polish appears and disappears.

Continuity: When Bumblebee locks in Sam and Mikaela, the locks are seen to lower so that they are almost flush with the top of the door frame. However, in the next shot of Sam, the door lock is sticking up above the door quite a bit.

Revealing mistakes: When Sam leaves his house with the Transformers his is carrying his brown jumper then they change the scene to when he is talking with the Transformers and he has his brown jumper on. Then the change the view angle and his has his jumper over his shoulder again.

Continuity: When Mikaela is getting arrested, she does not have her handbag, but when she is in the police/FBI/Sector 7 vehicle, she has it.

Continuity: The taxi Maggie takes to her hacker friend's house is different from the taxi shown in the next scene.

Continuity: The amount of donut on Glen's plate while he and Maggie were in the interrogation room keeps changing.

Crew or equipment visible: As Sam and Miles go down the hill towards the lake, the shadow of the camera and crane are visible moving across the lakeside.

source: IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418279/goofs)

"The robots were tremendous.
Everything else (...besides Shia) sucked giraffe taint."

Garden State Saint
07-13-2007, 09:01 PM
^I read the first couple and didn't care to read the rest. :popcorn: