PDA

View Full Version : The Rock not 'The Rock' anymore? Maybe, who knows or cares anymore?

LionDen
07-17-2007, 03:59 AM
A little blurb from espn.com about the Rock at the ESPY awards:

Will "The Rock" suplex Big Ben?

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1516/pg2wrockben275su2.jpg

Handlers are spreading the word to press members that Dwayne Johnson should not be referred to as "The Rock." Not getting the memo: Ben Roethlisberger, who greeted the former pro wrestler backstage.

"I never wanted to say, from this day forward, I will be 'Dwayne Johnson, The Actor,'" Johnson said earlier. "If there's some action movie with guns and ass-kicking, and they want to call me 'The Rock,' that's cool."

"Whatever doesn't get me beat up," Roethlisberger said later.

Article can be found here (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=alipour/070715).

Of note, on the trailor on his new movie Get Smart, he is not credited as the Rock but as Dwayne Johnson. Sorry if this was posted.

Kaz
07-17-2007, 04:07 AM
He's a total sell out...

Does anyone else remember when Austin left WWE and The Rock came back from filming to say that he'll always be around even in 50 yrs time he'll still be kicking butt?

bad_meetz_evil
07-17-2007, 04:23 AM
^ Well If you have a choice for a job that you have to put your body at risk, have a demanding scheduelle, with less pay than a job that gets you way much more money, less demanding scheduelle, and more fame than wrestling, which would you choose? Not saying that I don't want to see The Rock back. I agree he tottaly sold out. I think he just sees it as a job, and not something you put your heart behind. Not even a single appearence for years, not including that satelight appearence at McMahon appreciation night. He has wrestling behind him.

Kaz
07-17-2007, 04:36 AM
I don't want him back I just reckon he's hypocritical.

bsbbdb
07-17-2007, 04:41 AM
the rock is the biggest sellout
he should be banned from wrestling for life
and never be inducted to the hall of fame

LG
07-17-2007, 05:09 AM
Why not let The Rock come out and just say Im not coming back. Period.

bad_meetz_evil
07-17-2007, 05:15 AM
^ He'll probably want a Hall Of Fame trophy years from now, and that isnt a good way to go out in wrestling, if you are aiming for that, or a good way to gain fans, that will follow your movie career from wrestling.

JohnCenaFan28
07-17-2007, 05:34 AM
Hmph. He's a sellout. He didn't even leave and say that he was not coming back,he just ditched for where-ever the money went... Well, NONE OF THE ROCK'S MOVIES WERE GOOD! I hope he doesn't get a HOF spot...