PDA

View Full Version : Elle of a handful

OMEN
05-12-2006, 09:59 AM
http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5152604,00.jpg
Relaxed ... Elle Macpherson
ELLE Macpherson has declared on US TV she is single and a believer in "joyous and spontaneous" sex.
The Australian supermodel has excited gossip columns and tabloids around the world in recent weeks after being spotted with two eligible bachelors.

Last month she was linked to Sydney restaurateur David Evans during her April Down Under holiday, but days after she left Australia for Britain Macpherson was spied on "two dates" with London millionaire property developer John Hitchcox.

A surprisingly frank Macpherson made it clear today on popular American TV talkshow The View she was a single woman enjoying her independence. The View's host, veteran journalist Barbara Walters, had obviously followed the recent gossip reports about Macpherson.

"Don't you have a new boyfriend? Somebody in your life?" Walters asked.

A giggling Elle replied: "I have lots of people in my life."

In the segment on The View prior to Macpherson's appearance, Walters and the show's other panellists discussed the merits of scheduling sex with partners.

The first question Walters hit Macpherson with when she joined her on the couch was: "Do you schedule sex?"

The 43-year-old supermodel, who split from longtime French financier boyfriend Arpad Busson last year, did not hold back.

"I sort of believe in joyous spontaneity," Macpherson replied. "I think it's about that.

"I don't know about this (scheduling) ...

"Listen, I'm single at the moment so everything is joyous and spontaneous."

Macpherson, who has two sons, Aurelius Cy, 3, and Flynn, 8, told how she recently saw a photo of herself when she was 20 and it brought back all the insecurities she had in her earlier modelling years.

"I have to say I had an amazing body and I didn't appreciate it," Macpherson said. "I was so uncomfortable in my skin. I felt so Amazonian and it wasn't really fashionable at the time.

"I just wanted to be delicate and fine, but I was all breasts and legs and hair."

Macpherson also told how she does not have to pack much when she returns to Australia for holidays.

"I live in jeans - jeans and cowboy boots, jeans and motorcycle boots, jeans and ballet shoes - and t-shirts," she said. "That's about it.

"A cowboy hat during the summer and a bikini."

Although in her earlier years Macpherson was comfortable walking around in public in a bikini in summer, she covers up a little these days.

"Now, as I'm older, I do wrap something around my waist," she said.

AAP