PDA

View Full Version : Give Some Blood, Maybe Win a Car

bad_meetz_evil
07-21-2007, 06:56 PM
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) - Blood donors typically get juice, a cookie and a thank you, but the local Red Cross has parked a new car outside a hospital to entice more people to help ease a blood shortage.

The pearl white 2007 Lincoln MKX crossover vehicle has a sign that reads: "Win this car. Give Blood." As of Wednesday, there was no type O blood supply, and other blood types were critically low, The Detroit News reported.

"We wanted to put something out in the community that would catch people's attention," Red Cross spokeswoman Bridget Tuohey told the newspaper. "This is Motown. A car should do it."

The American Red Cross of Southeastern Michigan also is offering gas cards valued between $25 and $200. Anyone who donates through Sept. 5 will be entered into a drawing. Prizes will be given away Sept. 8.

Donations typically fall off between Memorial Day and Labor Day, but 13,000 people have donated blood since the campaign was launched three weeks ago, the Red Cross said.

Credit: AOL

Just a question, have you guys donated or plan on donating blood? I have to be 18 to donate blood, so I can't. I wouldn't anyways because of those damn needles!

Dozer
07-22-2007, 01:08 AM
I am O Negative and I did it for the cookie

mothsoccer
07-22-2007, 02:30 AM
i would give blood for sugar and the cookie as well... :) just going to drool over the sugar now

Jodes
07-22-2007, 06:33 AM
i am on a blood thinner. i would love to donate but i just cant. :sad2: always wanted to donate during the holidays and when there is a hurricane.

OMEN
07-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Never really though about it but then with my fear of needles i am hardly going to be at the head of the que anyway......

scorpionf
07-22-2007, 01:01 PM
On top of a fear of needles, I am not allowed to donate blood anyway - low iron.