PDA

View Full Version : The End Of The World

bad_meetz_evil
05-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Do you believe, theirs going to be an end to this world, or it just going to continue, and continue, and continue. Do you believe in Judgement day or something? For me, Im not really sure.

Dark Drakan
05-12-2006, 05:43 PM
I think a comet will hit earth in the future but it wont be 'The End Of The World' but it would kill most of the population of the planet and put us into an ice age.

Sunshine Acid
05-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Do I believe in the end of the human race? Yes, the world? Not too sure. I don't believe in judgement day though. Even a nuclear holocaust wouldn't be the end of the world. It would probably elminate most life and the human race but the planet has bounced back from alot. Ice ages, comets, ect. The planet will always be able to adapt and spring new life eventually.

Dark Drakan
05-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Do I believe in the end of the human race? Yes, the world? Not too sure. I don't believe in judgement day though. Even a nuclear holocaust wouldn't be the end of the world. It would probably elminate most life and the human race but the planet has bounced back from alot. Ice ages, comets, ect. The planet will always be able to adapt and spring new life eventually.

Thats probably the best way you could sum it up!

Adam Copeland2
05-13-2006, 06:27 PM
^^^ yeah, I agree too.

But, dont u think saying this is a bit of anti-religion? Coz, both the Bible & the Holy Quran( I am muslim, by the way) state that there is gonna be a judgement day and that sorta stuff? I know, the ones I believe in r more modern and logical theories, but, I am still astonished as ppl have still clung on to their believes that, one day, there i gonna be the Ultimate End of the World, as their religions say this.

For me, I strongly believe that keeping inner peace is all religion does, and inner peace is an essential element in life. Religion should not go on to blinding ppl by further interfering with scientific theories, dont u think?

z-ero
05-16-2006, 10:12 AM
well end of earth no end of human race yes we will be our own demise as we are poisioing the very earth we live on and eventually it will kill us all but who knows prehaps evalution could happen and the human race lives on but in a diffent form like we have giant wings or we can breath under water.

me hate libs
05-16-2006, 04:07 PM
I think there will be an end to this world, both the human species and the actual earth.

I don't think it will be out of any super natural or religious occurence, but pure unpredictability of how things will happen.

So either the earth be shattered by a comet, or perhaps it'll spin out of orbit into something and be burned to cinders, or maybe the whole universe will collapse unto itself and go through the big bang all over again.

So what I'm saying is, if it could all end at any moment, why are we wearing clothes? :dunno:

Assassin™
05-17-2006, 07:22 PM
^Currently, I'm not.

I think the world will end in a nuclear war. We as humans have the power to litterally blow the planet to chunks if we were so encouraged. There is enough support for this anarchist/extremist/insurgent/militant movement that it will only be a matter of time before someone realizes, "Hey, if I'm going to commit suicide and call it 'martyrdom', I might as well take the rest of the world with me. Why should I stop at cars, buses, trains, airplanes, or skyscrapers? Why not take out the whole earth? I'll be swimming in virgins when I get to Heaven!" The end of the world will happen when these type of people become a larger minority. I predict it will happen within the next 25 years.

That Rob
05-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Of cours there will an end of the world, We will me too close the sun and everything will burn up. ANd if not everybody dies then, then soon after (a couple hunred years) the Earth will be sucked into the sun.

M-J
05-17-2006, 08:41 PM
The world, never stops, if you die, you got to heaven and there there will be no the end of the world, your life never stops.

Sunshine Acid
05-17-2006, 08:44 PM
The world, never stops, if you die, you got to heaven and there there will be no the end of the world, your life never stops.

:hmm:

OMEN
05-18-2006, 09:00 AM
According to the scientists we are slowly destroying this planet with all of our fossil fuels and greenhouse gasses that we releasing into the atmosphere and destroying the o-zone layer with that protects this planet.I cannot see us stopping,No matter what the damage so one day this planet will become in-hospitable for the human race to live on..Hopefully by then we would have developed the technology to move out into the Universe and find some other planet(s) to populate and continue the human race.

Sunshine Acid
05-18-2006, 12:31 PM
meh I say let the race die.

Dark Drakan
05-18-2006, 04:30 PM
According to the scientists we are slowly destroying this planet with all of our fossil fuels and greenhouse gasses that we releasing into the atmosphere and destroying the o-zone layer with that protects this planet.I cannot see us stopping,No matter what the damage so one day this planet will become in-hospitable for the human race to live on..Hopefully by then we would have developed the technology to move out into the Universe and find some other planet(s) to populate and continue the human race.

Then kill another planet the way we did this one i surpose.

bad_meetz_evil
05-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Thinking about it, it might end in another world war. With new nuclear weapons and all, it'll destroy the enviorment. A war involving the whole world, maybe.

Sunshine Acid
05-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Thinking about it, it might end in another world war. With new nuclear weapons and all, it'll destroy the enviorment. A war involving the whole world, maybe.
Won't destroy the world though, just the living organisms in general. Then eventually the planet will be able to adapt to the new conditions and spark off a new set of life.

Mr Mando
06-23-2006, 05:05 PM
There is also the possibility for giant aliens to invade the earth, interbreed with the human race, use the resources, and then detonate intergalactic explosives that will exploded the earth into seperate pieces of rock and fire. But I am not waiting for that to happen either.
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3467/uowhmm013oa.gif
u r narrow minded - what is ur religion???

Sunshine Acid
06-23-2006, 09:36 PM
u r narrow minded - what is ur religion???

LOL, you call me narrow minded and then ask me what my religion is. Thats a good one.

I'm athiest, but to be correct wouldn't people that follow a religion be the narrow minded ones? They are the ones that have one version of beliefs. Dumbass diehard christians are the ones that reject science, believe in most of if not all of the bible, ect. Religion is mental regression.

Mr Mando
06-23-2006, 10:00 PM
i am sorry lol
but everyone must respect other thoughts
-------------------------------------------
Sunshine talk about athiest...i need 2 know more as 2 add it 2 my knowledge

Sunshine Acid
06-23-2006, 11:18 PM
i am sorry lol
but everyone must respect other thoughts
-------------------------------------------
Sunshine talk about athiest...i need 2 know more as 2 add it 2 my knowledge

Yes, if it deserves respect, but you dont have to agree with their thoughts. Debate forum is for debating, thats what I am doing.

Atheist means, I dont believe in god. I dislike organized religion.

TickleMeStunner
06-23-2006, 11:28 PM
The world will eventually end, its just a matter to what exent the life on the planet is affected. In due time, the sun will explode, just like every other star, and when it does, the blast will incinerate the earth. So, if we haven't been able to haul ass to another planet or galaxy, we're fucked.

But, there are obvious threats to the planet and living organisms that could happen as soon as I hit the button to post this rant. The whole sun exploding thing will happen, whether we are still here or not. But there is the already mentioned comets and asteroids. Asteroids are being monitored out the ass, but not all the asteroids that exist have been identified. Comets, however, are the more likely killer. They can't be as easily tracked, seeing as how they have orbits that are unknown. But there could be a "global killer" before the sun explodes, and many of us could be here when it happens.

I think it is 2056, that an asteroid/comet will come so close to earth, that it will be the biggest object that we can see in space (I'm actually looking forward to seeing this). As it enters the orbit of the planet, it won't be able to hit us.....atleast not yet.

Astronomists say that there is a "keyhole" in the orbit around earth, that if the object exits the orbit through the said "keyhole", the asteroid/comet will 100% hit the earth on the return trip, ass raping the entire planet.

So say what you want about the nuclear war and shit, because those things can most definately happen, but this, this is da true shit bitches...lawlz.

Assassin™
06-24-2006, 03:39 AM
^We could easily nuke the shit out of a comet if we wanted to. That's part of the reason we as humans inhabiting this earth have nuclear weapons. They are more than just for "protection" from other countries. We have way more power than we need if we wanted to blow up the earth ourselves. I think we will be safe from a comet or asteroid.

Atheist means, I dont believe in god. I dislike organized religion.That's not what atheist means. Atheism is anti-theorism. A true atheist rejects any and all forms of order. Of course, following atheist beliefs is somewhat of a contradiction. Atheism itself is a couter-theory to the theory of most religions. Atheism itself could be considered a religion. I don't know all of your beliefs, but according to your post(s), you are not atheist, you are irreligious, and in some situations, seemingly agnostic.

TickleMeStunner
06-24-2006, 04:15 AM
^We could easily nuke the shit out of a comet if we wanted to. That's part of the reason we as humans inhabiting this earth have nuclear weapons. They are more than just for "protection" from other countries. We have way more power than we need if we wanted to blow up the earth ourselves. I think we will be safe from a comet or asteroid.

Quite the contrary. We do NOT have enough power to destroy a comet or asteroid. Don't forget, this things fly through space at 1000's of Miles per second, so even IF we had enough power, which is proven we don't, there is now way we would be able to send an object into space to blow it up.

In fact, if we blew up an asteroid or comet, we would take 1 giant ass object, and break it into THOUSANDS of objects that would bombard the planet. And these pieces wouldn't be small either, they would be fairly large. Your theory is actually a common theory in ways to defend against comets in asteroids, but it is the opposite of reality.

Assassin™
06-24-2006, 06:34 AM
I think you've been mislead as to how powerful nuclear weapons actually are. I don't know where you get your info. We actually would have 3 doable options:

Send some type of low profile, non-fragmenting missile that would nudge a comet or asteroid off of it's path.
Our next choice would be an interior nuclear detonation that would explode the object into smaller fragments. This would be done while the object is far enough away to decrease Earth's chances of getting hit.
Our last resort would be a war-like missile lauched from the space station that would basically explode on contact. This approach provides us with the least amount of safety and/or probability of getting hit. Like I said, this would be our last resort. We might use this idea if the first 2 don't work, or if it is too late for them

Obvisously non of these options allow to us to completely get rid of the scare of a comet or asteroid. If the object shattered into pieces, Earth would be safer being hit by the smaller fragments than by one massive object that could destroy the planet.

LG
06-26-2006, 07:05 PM
I believe in the Holy Bible. I believe there is a God. I believe God sent His Only Begotten Son to die for us.
There is a end of the world. But its not the one you think of. Its the end of evil. After billions of years, there will finally be a day in which God himself will end his will with the destruction of Satan and all those unworthy go to hell. Many will not believe in what I say...but only a few will. Thats even stated in the BIble...only a few will find the road of rightousness. You can believe it or not. Say its not true. Time will tell I suppose. Someone will win...

Sunshine Acid
06-26-2006, 07:33 PM
I believe in the Holy Bible. I believe there is a God. I believe God sent His Only Begotten Son to die for us.
There is a end of the world. But its not the one you think of. Its the end of evil. After billions of years, there will finally be a day in which God himself will end his will with the destruction of Satan and all those unworthy go to hell. Many will not believe in what I say...but only a few will. Thats even stated in the BIble...only a few will find the road of rightousness. You can believe it or not. Say its not true. Time will tell I suppose. Someone will win...

If God is capable of destroying Satan why hasn't he already? :rolleyes:

Also seems cruel that a loving god sends those "unworthy" to hell. :hmm:

Sounds like bullshit to me.

LG
06-26-2006, 07:52 PM
He gave us a choice. He didn't want to force us to worship him. Thats why we have free will....you either choose him or not.

Sunshine Acid
06-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah but if dont choose him you go to hell, not much of a choice huh?

LG
06-26-2006, 10:39 PM
so u say theres a hell?

Sunshine Acid
06-26-2006, 11:02 PM
No absolutley not, I am going by the standards christians believe in to simulate how ridiculous it would be even if it were true.

Assassin™
06-27-2006, 01:12 AM
so u say theres a hell?You don't pay attention very well.

LG
06-27-2006, 02:13 AM
i dont want to argue anymore...I have tried to show you but still you remain on hard ground. So im out of this debate period dont even talk about me anymore

Assassin™
06-27-2006, 02:50 AM
^Great, so now you think you can tell people what to talk about? Don't flatter yourself. If you don't want to argue (because you know you are wrong) then just stop posting. It makes no sense to make a post in the Debate sub-forum saying that you don't want to debate. It also shows how dedicated you are to your "religion" if you just give up that easily.

TickleMeStunner
07-01-2006, 10:59 PM
I think you've been mislead as to how powerful nuclear weapons actually are. I don't know where you get your info. We actually would have 3 doable options:

Send some type of low profile, non-fragmenting missile that would nudge a comet or asteroid off of it's path.
Our next choice would be an interior nuclear detonation that would explode the object into smaller fragments. This would be done while the object is far enough away to decrease Earth's chances of getting hit.
Our last resort would be a war-like missile lauched from the space station that would basically explode on contact. This approach provides us with the least amount of safety and/or probability of getting hit. Like I said, this would be our last resort. We might use this idea if the first 2 don't work, or if it is too late for them

Obvisously non of these options allow to us to completely get rid of the scare of a comet or asteroid. If the object shattered into pieces, Earth would be safer being hit by the smaller fragments than by one massive object that could destroy the planet.

I get my info from scientists, from articles and specials on tv. And the only thing you said close to what could happen is idea 1. We could most definately come up with an aparatus that would nudge an asteroid out of the way of earth. In fact, there is research being done on a device that would use thrusters to move towards the object and tap it away from contact with earth.

Idea 2, no offense, makes me laugh. Thats what happened in Armagedon, and that is NOT possible. There is no way that we could send something into space that is faster than what is coming towards the earth, have it land on the object, insert the explosive into the center, and detonate it before it gets close to earth. These things will show up out of nowhere, we won't know when they are coming. And if we would catch it, this just isn't possible.

Idea 3, last resort, but wouldn't happen, cause if a huge ass comet hits the earth, almost all life WILL be lost, but not every last bit of it. We nuke it when it is close to earth, no sense in doing it, you will blow the earth up, and what would we get out of that?

Assassin™
07-05-2006, 12:39 AM
You basically just quoted what I posted and said "Nuh-uh".
Idea 3, last resort, but wouldn't happen, cause if a huge ass comet hits the earth, almost all life WILL be lost, but not every last bit of it. We nuke it when it is close to earth, no sense in doing it, you will blow the earth up, and what would we get out of that?What gives you this false sense of assurance that using a nuclear weapon would be more harmful to Earth than a huge asteroid hitting it? If we used a weapon, the object would still have to be a few million miles away for it to make sense. It's not going to just jump out at us.

TickleMeStunner
07-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Because it is a war like missle, the explosion itself, since it is in space, could set forth more possible disasters. Depending on where and how it exploded, it could send more asteroids, not of gigantic size as the proposed one we are talking about, but nonetheless, it is still more asteroids going to hit earth. You are probably saying, how could an explosion set forth more asteroids. It could pull asteroids out of orbit from the asteroid belt. Then what, send another missle into space?

Plus, we don't know how a missle would react in space. There is no grounds for testing it with space like conditions without actually sending one into space. Which, since we don't know what would happen, is too dangerous to do.

And yea, these things could just jump out at us. They travel thousands of miles per second, through space. And by the time one would be identified, there would be no time to do anything. By the time we would see one, the estimated time of impact would be between 15 days to a month. Maybe longer, doubt it would be shorter. Now, in this span of time, we are to ready enough nuclear missles or nuclear power, get it to a launch, pad, launch it into space and hope it hits the asteroid? First thing, we would have to get the missle(s) into a launch area on earth that would give it an ideal angle on the asteroid, who knows how long that would take.

And what gives you so much assurance that this would work? I'm asking you, since I like you, to just explain these things you are saying so I can see where you are trying to come from. Because right now, everything you have said has been scientifically disproved.

Phenom77
07-12-2006, 06:14 PM
I agree with StoneColdStunner. Scientifically speaking, you have no idea what would happen if a missle was in space. And there are no testing grounds....its either do it or not. Because if we try to destroy an asteroid in space itself...it could cause other problems....very BIG problems

as for the End of the World.....there will be one. But thats my belief.

Will
07-15-2006, 09:15 PM
I believe that we arent very far away from AIDS killing off tens (or hundreds) of millions of people. I'm not sure that it will kill off the entire human race, but I wouldnt be surprised if it got to the point where everyone who doesnt have the disease can fit in one country. As for some biblical armageddon situation, no i dont believe that.

TheDragonGT
07-23-2006, 10:56 PM
The end of the world will be when our sun goes supernova...the universe collapses, or it dies from heat death. If there is a spiritual world and an afterlife, the only thing I believe is that we make a heaven or hell for ourself upon reviewing our life.