PDA

View Full Version : Update on the lawsuit against WWE and Sandman for assault.

LionDen
07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
An update on the lawsuit filed against World Wrestling Entertainment and The Sandman by a Karlene Boutwell, who alleges that Sandman committed assault and battery on her during an episode of the 8/8/06 ECW on Sci Fi taping in Nashville, TN.

Boutwell alleges in her suit, where she is seeking $100,000 in damages that Sandman, "while bleeding from a self-imposed wound to his head, grabbed her, picked her up, and threw her, not only injuring her back and aggravating pre-existing injuries, but also exposing her to blood and humiliating her."

In a Case Management order issued by the presiding judge, it is noted that WWE denies all claims and has provided footage of Sandman's entrance to Boutwell in an attempt to get her to drop the lawsuit. Sandman did indeed make his traditional entrance through the crowd on that show, which was broadcast live on the Sci Fi Network, to rescue a beaten Tommy Dreamer from Paul Heyman and his minions. The actual Sandman entrance from that event is still online on ECW.com at this link (http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/tvshows/ecw/200608/3152374/0808sandmanent?section=%2Fshows%2Fecw%2Fshows1%2Fe cwonscifi%2Farchive%2F08082006%2Fvideos%2F), so you can judge for yourself as to whether Sandman comes into physical contact with any woman, much less picks one up and commits assault and battery. I personally don't see it.

WWE is also claiming that they would not be liable for any "attack" since Sandman is an independent contractor for the company, not an employee.

Boutwell filed the lawsuit this past April. The case is not expected to be heard before the court prior to the spring or summer of 2008.

PWInsider.com

Another person after a quick buck.

Jodes
07-23-2007, 07:00 PM
i agree Mr Lion she is just trying to get money.

legolas4792
07-23-2007, 07:36 PM
shes a disgrace to mankind i hope she has to pay sandman for false charges

Kaz
07-24-2007, 02:32 AM
^ Agreed... The only fan he touched in any manner was that guy he used to pull himself on the barrier.

So much for rescueing a friend how long did he take the get to the ring?