PDA

View Full Version : Potter star 'gets £20m birthday'

OMEN
07-24-2007, 08:08 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42493000/jpg/_42493490_radcliffe_203.jpg
Radcliffe has recently filmed a TV movie about Rudyard Kipling
Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has been handed control of a reported £20m as he celebrates his 18th birthday.

It may not have been locked up in Gringotts bank, but the teenage actor has not been allowed access to earnings from his film career to date.

"I know I'm in an incredibly fortunate position," Radcliffe told Australia's Sunday Herald Sun newspaper.

"But I don't plan to be one of those people who suddenly buys themselves a massive sports car collection."

He added: "The things I like buying are things that cost about £10 - books and CDs and DVDs."

Party plans

Details of how Radcliffe will mark his coming of age are being carefully kept under wraps.

His agent and publicist had no comment on his plans, but Radcliffe told the Daily Telegraph he would "definitely have some sort of party".

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42425000/jpg/_42425606_potter203.jpg
Radcliffe says he enjoys portraying Harry's troubled teenage years
"Hopefully none of you will be reading about it," he added.

Radcliffe was only 11 years old when he was selected to star in the first Potter film, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

Previously, he had appeared in a BBC adaptation of David Copperfield and alongside Jamie Lee Curtis in the film The Tailor of Panama.

His latest outing as the boy wizard, in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, is breaking box office records on both sides of the Atlantic.

He will also reprise the role in the last two films.

Outside the series, he has appeared in a critically-acclaimed West End production of Equus.

More recently, he has filmed a TV movie called My Boy Jack, about author Rudyard Kipling and his son, and is due to appear in December Boys - an Australian film about a group of children who escape an orphanage.

BBC