PDA

View Full Version : Women In Work Force

Angelique
05-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Do you think that women are equal to men in the workforce or do you think the women have slept their way to the top?

As a woman in the work force, i have worked REALLY hard to get where I am today, I help manage a fine restaurant with a staff of 15 waiters/waitress, 20 on the cookin staff, 10 in the bar area, i also manage my household, handle all finances, do the cooking, cleaning, running all errands. I have never even considered sleeping with management to get what i want, cos if i could not get it on my own merit then i worked even harder so i had a great shot the next time there was an offer. i am DAYUM proud of earning EVERY step of my cooking status! and I will die knowing that I didnt have to sleep with anyone to make it where I am!

Voodoo
05-12-2006, 11:25 PM
I think they are equal in most aspects. In all fields other than physical labor women are equal, if not more qualified than men. Women have to work past stereotypes and other barriers to get where they are therefore they are the better person for the job whatever it may be.

Kaz
05-13-2006, 04:33 AM
There are factors where men are stronger than women and women stronger than men... Such as a man is generally more likely to be able to lift and carry the heavy stuff.

Aside from that I think women can do just as much as men can do. Despite what gets said on the news etc. There is a great lack of equality... A women can do the same job as a man and get paid half of what he does.

I know a lot of women in the workforce who do great things... All of them have had to work to get there not sleep their way to the top.