PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Orders being taken for wrestling themed comic book

LionDen
07-25-2007, 06:02 PM
PRE-ORDERS BEING TAKEN FOR WRESTLING THEMED COMIC BOOK
by Mike Kingston @ 12:32:31 PM on 7/25/2007

Pre-Order Info for Wrestling Themed Comic Book

Headlocked, a dramatic series set in the world of professional wrestling, is due to hit comic book stores everywhere in October from AAM / Markosia Enterprises and Visionary Comics Studio. The story follows a skinny theater major and his unlikely quest to become a professional wrestler. However, his journey will not be an easy one (For more information on the story and preview art check the home page at www.visionarycomics.com). The book is a 48 page one-shot that serves as a prequel to the series and retails for 3.95.

Headlocked: Work of Art is now available for pre-order at your local comic book store. If you are thinking of picking up the book, I would highly recommend pre-ordering a copy for a few reasons:

a) It's new title and they are traditionally under-ordered (which is why number 1 issues end up being so valuable) With all the incredible feedback I've received from so many people, I really think this book is going to catch retailers by surprise.
b) Some comic book stores only carry books from Marvel/DC/Dark Horse or "Top 50" titles so they might not carry it unless you ask for it.
c) There are a number of wrestlers/wrestling fans who don't traditionally go to comic book stores that are going to pick this book up. Retailers aren't going to be ordering books for them b/c they aren't going to be expecting them so they may run short on copies.
d) Wrestling comics in the past haven't done particularly well from a sales standpoint and retailers are definitely aware of that. Obviously Headlocked is a completely different type of story but I can see retailers who don't know much about wrestling being a little gun shy.

If you are reading this and you are planning to pick up the book, I would really appreciate it if you would pre-order a copy. I would hate for someone who might be interested in the book to not be able to get a copy and quite frankly, as a first time author, I need every possible sale I can get.

Here's what you do..

Go to (or call) your nearest comic book shop (if you don't know where that is..use www.comicshoplocator.com and type in your zip code)

Ask them to order you a copy of Headlocked: Work of Art from AAM/Markosia. It's on pg. 320 of Previews (the catalogue that comic book stores order their books from).This should be enough info but if they ask for the Diamond code it's.. AUG073844.

And if you know anyone who might be interested in this (anyone who likes wrestling or comics or both) PLEASE help out by spreading the word.

To keep up with the latest updates, subscribe to my myspace blog (www.myspace.com/mike_kingston) or keep checking www.visionarycomics.com.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at mkinger451@hotmail.com

Source: PWInsiderxtra.com

Jodes
07-25-2007, 09:03 PM
sounds very interesting. think i will go to my local comic book store and ask about it. maybe Santa can get it for Austin :whistle:

Glorious Maxxwell
07-31-2007, 11:44 PM
hm, i love comic books, i may have to check it out