PDA

View Full Version : Cena Signs New 10 Yr Contract

Dangerous Incorporated
07-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

John Cena will be in the WWE for much longer. Cena recently signed a 10 year deal that will keep him in the WWE until 2017. How much he will be receiving has not been disclosed, but the contract does include at least 5 more WWE Title runs.

Butoden
07-27-2007, 11:03 PM
At least 5 woohoo. I guess he and HHH will be exchanging it along a few times then lol

Camoflague
07-27-2007, 11:07 PM
I hope the 5 runs are winning on a ppv losing it on raw....

JohnCenaFan28
07-28-2007, 12:27 AM
^^I agree... Though 5 times and 10 years will then be 1 title run for 2 years, lose it then get it back in a couple of weeks... I don't want him to have the belt ever again!:cry: Of course, the fans' wishes never happen:(

XXKSXX
07-28-2007, 03:07 AM
I guess Cena means something to somebody. I'm glad that they signed him up for a long term deal.

Ill Will
07-28-2007, 03:27 AM
No big surprise here. Cena needs WWE, and WWE thinks they need Cena.

JohnCenaFan28
07-28-2007, 04:37 AM
^^ Cena's bank= WWE. WWE does not need Cena at all...

Camoflague
07-28-2007, 05:05 AM
If Cena is ever released from this long ass contract, Im sure TNA WON'T SIGN HIS ASS. He would be lucky if he could work in Japan...

tommy
07-28-2007, 05:22 AM
Okay, first off, this is great news.

Eel, back off. I love seeing Cena on tv, not to mention as champion. He brings a lot to the show and gives it his all. Just because the internet communty doesn't like him doesn't mean anything. This is the minority, if you didn't notice.

Camoflague, TNA would take John Cena in a heart beat, and they would push him more than WWE has. It's how they work. They take anyone they can get from WWE, regardless of if they were big (Kurt Angle) or crappy (Bashum and Damaja), and they will make them some of the best in their company. And you know it.

Phenomenal One
07-28-2007, 05:35 AM
good for cena, glad he will be sticking around WWE

JohnCenaFan28
07-28-2007, 05:55 AM
I hate how the common wrestling fan thinks Cena is so great... I know he has awesome mic skills but my memories of him are horrible and he's done everything imaginable so it would be unbelievable for him to lose the belt/ have a hard time getting it back(unless Coach etc. stop him) therefore stopping anyone smart enough to believe that he can lose the belt...

Dangerous Incorporated
07-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Lets not let this become a I hate/love Cena thread again but basicallly WWE are protecting their investment. They dont want another Lesnar situation.

JohnCenaFan28
07-28-2007, 06:31 AM
Well, Cena was sure glad to get that because he needs the money...

LionDen
07-28-2007, 08:16 AM
HaHa to all Cena haters lol. I bet he is making a fortune though and a few more movie deals.

Ill Will
07-28-2007, 08:35 AM
It's how they work. They take anyone they can get from WWE, regardless of if they were big (Kurt Angle) or crappy (Bashum and Damaja), and they will make them some of the best in their company. And you know it.I'm not sure if you are just trying to bash TNA and you know that's not true, or if you really believe that's how TNA works. TNA does not take "anyone they can get from WWE". There are plenty of former WWE superstars not working for TNA. It's actually a much longer list than the ones who are. I think your example of the Bashams just proves how little you know. They have not been made to be one of the best in TNA. Truthfully, they've got less attention in TNA than they had in WWE. They were two-time WWE tag champs, and quite honestly were the most entertaining WWE tag team during their run. On the other hand, they'll be lucky if they even make it to the next TNA PPV.

bad_meetz_evil
07-28-2007, 02:52 PM
When I was just telling myself to suck it in for a few more, and then see Cena get out of the wwe title scene. I mean honestly, It's getting boring, we need something fresh and new. Not saying I don't want to see Cena in the WWE, saying that its getting boring afterawhile, and he needs to either change from face to heel, or go in a diffrent direction from the WWE title.

mcr243
07-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Amen Tommy I like Cena as well always gives his all which in turn means a good showing. All you arm chair "experts" should sit back and realize what wrestling is, it's entertainment and Cena does entertain like it or not.

Bad Boy
07-28-2007, 06:26 PM
its good, Cena right now might be WWE's biggest Asset, and they have secured it for the next 10 years... now Cena isnt that bad, he's got good mic skills, has some more moves now, more than his usual 5 move set, but the only reason majority of internet people hate him is cuz of his title run... Cena shud go heel, and then the fans would like him a bit more... I wud prefer Cena without the WWE title, and thats when he will get on the fan's side...

Punisher
07-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Once again lets not try to make this a love/hate cena thread because we all know that there is A LOT more cena hater in this forum. what the WWE is doing is protecting there star/ franchise wrestler so there is not another lesnar situation (as Dangerous INC said)

As for the people that want the belt away from cena for as long as possible. get used to hearing "The Champ is here" because for the next 10 years the WWE tittle and John Cena are going to be one and the same for a while

Triple X
07-28-2007, 07:34 PM
wow thats big news

JohnCenaFan28
07-28-2007, 08:18 PM
I can not see Cena turn heel now, after they push him as a mega-hero and I can't see him losing the WWE Title and going after the IC Belt because that's not going to be believable for the simple fact that if Cena defeated all the big/monster guys(HHH,HBK,Jericho,Angle,Khali,Umaga etc.) in the business it would be totally unreal if he fights say Jeff Hardy for the IC Belt and loses...

AJ's Tag Along™
07-28-2007, 09:08 PM
I wonder what he will wrestle like and look like in the next 10 years.

JohnCenaFan28
07-28-2007, 09:51 PM
If he wrestles the same in ten years... I think he'd be fired from WWE by then...

Will
07-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Cena is the Franchise of WWE, so this makes sense for Vinny. Although the last guy, that I remember offhand, signing a log term contract like this was Hart's 20 year contract and we saw how that turned out, so maybe the Cena haters will get their wish soon.

XXKSXX
07-28-2007, 10:21 PM
If he wrestles the same in ten years... I think he'd be fired from WWE by then...
They obviously thought that what he does now was good enough to sign him to that deal.

I can't believe someone in this thread actually said that TNA wouldn't take Cena if he was available thats just plain funny lol. TNA would try to snatch him up in a heart beat.

Dangerous Incorporated
07-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Cena is the Franchise of WWE, so this makes sense for Vinny. Although the last guy, that I remember offhand, signing a log term contract like this was Hart's 20 year contract and we saw how that turned out, so maybe the Cena haters will get their wish soon.

Hasnt Austin signed a lifetime contract with WWE?

G-Rich
07-29-2007, 01:39 AM
I hate how the common wrestling fan thinks Cena is so great... I know he has awesome mic skills but my memories of him are horrible and he's done everything imaginable so it would be unbelievable for him to lose the belt/ have a hard time getting it back(unless Coach etc. stop him) therefore stopping anyone smart enough to believe that he can lose the belt...

And what makes you more than the common wrestling fan? Because you post on forums? Don't think so highly of yourself, your ignorance against Cena is unbelievable. He's WWE's top draw and biggest name right now and has been for quite a while and I can guarantee that he will be for a while too. If WWE ever lost Cena it would bve catastrophic. You might hate him, but he is obviously WWE's top guy. If he wasn't, why is he always winning? I'm pretty sure WWE is making the right move here, since they obviously know Cena is their man.

Will
07-29-2007, 03:34 AM
Hasnt Austin signed a lifetime contract with WWE?

I believe so, but I meant active performers.

Kennedyish
07-30-2007, 02:21 AM
All I can say is....DAMN!