PDA

View Full Version : Update On Burchill/SD, Piper Backs Out, Glacier, More

bad_meetz_evil
07-29-2007, 03:37 PM
- Rocky sent word that Vladimir Kozlov defeated Paul Burchill at the OVW show last night to win the OVW Heavyweight title. There's been a lot of talk about Burchill coming up to the SmackDown roster soon. When Cody Rhodes was called up to the RAW roster, he dropped his OVW TV title to Sean Spears, so maybe we'll see Burchill back on TV soon.

Also in action at the OVW show was the New Hart Foundation with Nattie Neidhart, Armando Alejandro Estrada and Beth Phoenix. Burchill is scheduled to face Kozlov again at the August 3rd OVW show. WWE superstar Finlay faces Idol Stevens on the 8/3 show as well. If anyone attended the OVW show and has a detailed report, please send it in.

- Bob Ryder is reporting that Ray "Glacier" Lloyd of WCW fame is being considered for a guest star role on a future episode of Burn Notice on the USA Network. Lloyd has been pursuing an acting career and has appeared in a commercial for Busch Gardens and a few independent films.

- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper had to pull out of the main event at IAW's Clash at the Cove on Saturday night due to a family emergency. Brutus Beefcake and Greg Valentine worked the main event against IAW champion Brian Costello instead.

Credit W-E

modest91
07-29-2007, 05:01 PM
With the Piper thing, I instantly thought of Benoit. What's with all the "family emergencies" these days?

JohnCenaFan28
07-29-2007, 06:43 PM
I dunno, Marcus Cor Von and Flair had family emergencies... Anyway, I hate Burn Notice...

XXKSXX
07-29-2007, 08:44 PM
I will see Glacier again lol :woohoo:

jamie66
07-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Burchill is great, hope he returns.