PDA

View Full Version : To Much Computer Ran Stuff!

Dozer
07-30-2007, 05:42 AM
At work our timing machine is 100% digital. You press "clear" , your employee number, then "IN" to check in and the same thing but "OUT" to log out. We have no timing card. I got my check and 2 days worth of hours are gone and I have no way of proving they fucked up. My boss told me that machines dont make mistakes. Maybe if she would get her ass on the work-floor more often she would see I am the second person there and the second to leave. (Floor manager has shop keys so I dont have a choice) The floor manager told her I worked more hours and she repeated that it is impossible for the time card machines to make mistakes. Personally even if the person who installed them said so, the two blackouts we had this week may have something to do with it.

Ill Will
07-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Quite honestly, your boss sounds like an uppity bitch who doesn't know what she's talking about. OF COURSE it's possible for computers to malfunction. The same thing happened to me a few years ago, instead it was the opposite. The computer said I never checked out and gave me 10 extra hours of work. I specifically remember clocking out, even when it said I didn't, and of course, my manager came with the "It's a mistake anyone could have made" bullshit, as if it was impossible that the computer was wrong.

Anyway, people who trust machines that much need a reality check. Computers can and often do malfunction.

JohnCenaFan28
07-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Your boss should be fired. Carry the issue to someone higher than her...

bad_meetz_evil
07-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Offer to have sex with her, in exchange for her believing you, and fixing the mistake. If she refuses, slap her with your gloves, leave the room and never come/look back.

Will
07-31-2007, 04:02 AM
Offer to have sex with her, in exchange for her believing you, and fixing the mistake. If she refuses, slap her with your gloves, leave the room and never come/look back.

But isn't he required to challenge her to a duel after slapping her with his gloves?

We have a computer system too, we swipe our ID badges when we start and end a shift, but we also have a log sheet by it that we write our times in by hand in case something happens to the computer log. Its foolish for any company to think that a digital record is sufficient.

Dozer
07-31-2007, 06:11 AM
Well my floor manager asked me not to quit.( I was going to) I work from really early in the morning till mid afternoon. I prefer graveyard, but they pay is good. Aside from management there is only one person that was there when I started working there that is still there. Most people do not like these hours and only last a few months. Personally I dont see what the big deal is, when its over 40 hours, its overtime and more money. We dont work weekends. Occasionally we have to come in Saturday morning to clean the shop, but thats an hour or two of work. The floor-manager is going to talk to the regional manager on my behalf. but on the upside, I found out today that my old job is open again. dollar less an hour and less hours, but at least I will be with friends, no fuckin digital timeslot and I have been given permission by the owner's wife that if he ever tries to crew me on my hours I can kick his as :D

XXKSXX
07-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Report the boss and the company to DWD they will really love u then lol.

Dozer
07-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Dwd?