Favorite Moves: Flying Crossbody
Notable Feuds: Barry Windham
Jushin Thunder Liger
Steve Austin
Ric Flair
Goldust
Interesting Websites: A News Story on Brian's Death
A Brian Pillman Tribute Page

# Stampede International Tag Team Titles w/Bruce Hart -Bad Company- defeating Ron Starr and Cuban Assassin (April 6th 1987)
# Stampede International Tag Team Titles w/Bruce Hart -Bad Company- defeating Makham Singh and Jerry Morrow (November 13th 1987)
# NWA United States Tag Team Title w/Tom Zenk defeating Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin -Freebirds- (February 12th 1990)
# WCW Light Heavyweight Title defeating Richard Morton finals of tourniment(October 27th 1991)
# WCW Light Heavyweight Title defeating Jushin Thunder Liger (February 29th 1992)
# WCW World Tag Team Titles w/Steve Austin -Hollywood Blondes- defeating Ricky Steamboat & Shane Douglas (March 2nd 1993)

In the Beginning
# Brian Pillman played football for four seasons (1980-81-82-83) with Miami University of Ohio..
# Brian Pillman played football for the Cincinatti Bengles for the 1984 season..
# Brian Pillman's wife, Melanie, had a relationship with the Ultimate Warrior before she met Brian..

Stampede Wrestling
# Brian Pillman debuted in Calgary with promotor Stu Hart at Stampede Wrestling..
# Brian Pillman formed a popular tag team with Bruce Hart known as Bad Company..
# April 6, 1987: Bad Company defeated Ron Starr & Cuban Assassin to win the Stampede International Tag Team titles..
# October 9, 1987: The titles held up after a match with Makham Singh & Gerry Morrow..
# November 13, 1987: Bad Company defeats Mukhan Singh & Gerry Morrow in a rematch to win the International Tag Team titles..
# July 22, 1988: Jerry Morrow & Cuban Assassin defeats Bad Company for the International Tag Team titles..

NWA & WCW
# September 12, 1989 - Clash of the Champions VIII: Brian Pillman defeated Norman the Lunatic..
# February 12, 1990: Brian Pillman & Tom Zenk defeated Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin to win the NWA United States Tag Team titles..
# ~~~This was the finals of a tourniment to win the vacant NWA United States Tag Team titles..
# May 19, 1990: The Midnight Express (Eaton/Lane) defeat Brian Pillman & Tom Zenk to win the US Tag Team titles..
# October 27, 1991: Brian Pillman defeated Richard Morton in a tourniment final to become the Light-Heavyweight title..
# November 19, 1991: Brian Pillman defeated Johnny B. Badd..
# December 25, 1991: Jushin 'Thunder' Liger defeats Brian Pillman for the Light-Heavyweight title..
# 1991: Barry Windham defeated Brian Pillman in a "loser-leaves-WCW" match..
# Brian Pillman reappears as the masked Yellow Dog..
# February 29, 1992 - Superbrawl II: Brian Pillman defeated Jushin Liger to recapture the Light Heavyweight title..
# June 20, 1992 - Beach Blast: Scotty Flamingo defeated Brian Pillman to win the WCW Light Heavyweight title..
# ~~~After the match, many other wrestlers lined up in the back to praise the quality of the match..
# Brian Pillman formed a very successful tag team with Steve Austin known as the Hollywood Blondes..
# February 21, 1993 - Superbrawl III: The Hollywood Blondes (Pillman & Austin) defeated Erik Watts & Marcus Alexander Bagwell..
# March 2, 1993: Brian Pillman & Steve Austin defeated Ricky Steamboat & Shane Douglas to win the WCW World Tag Team titles..
# March 17, 1993: Brian Pillman married Melanie..
# July 18, 1993 - Beach Blast: The Hollywood Blondes defeated Arn Anderson & Paul Roma..
# August 18, 1993: Arn Anderson & Paul Roma defeated Steve Austin & Steven Regal (sub for Pillman) for the World Tag Team titles..
# February 20, 1994 - Superbrawl IV: Sting/Pillman/Dustin Rhodes beat Paul Orndorff/Austin/Rick Rude (Thunderdome Cage)..
# 1995: Brian Pillman became a member of the IV Horsemen and helped Arn Anderson pull Ric Flair back into the group..
# January 23, 1996 - Clash of the Champions XXXII: Brian Pillman defeated Eddie Guerrero..
# April 15, 1996: Brian Pillman almost died in a near fatal car accident.....
# ~~~Pillman was driving in Kentucky and fell asleep behind the wheel causing him to hit a tree trunk and flip his vehicle..

Extreme Championship Wrestling
# Brian Pillman had a brief stint in ECW making several appearances to cut promos and perfect his "Loose Cannon" gimmick..

World Wrestling Federation
# 1996: Brian Pillman signed a contract with the WWF, where they really pushed his "Loose Cannaon" gimmick..
# ~~~Supposedly he had convinced WCW to release him to make an angle seem more real just so he could go to WWF..
# Brian Pillman debuted as an on-air personality, in crutches, still recovering from his injuries sustained in the accident..
# November 4, 1996 - RAW: Steve Austin broke into Brian Pillmans house, resulting in Pillman pulling a gun and firing on Austin!
# Brian Pillman eventually became a member of the hated new formation of the Hart Foundation..
# July 6, 1997 - Canadian Stampede: The Hart Foundation beat Steve Austin & Ken Shamrock & Goldust & Legion of Doom..
# August 3, 1997 - Summerslam: Goldust defeated Brian Pillman in a match with special stipulations..
# ~~~as a result, Brian Pillman was forced to wear one of Marlena's gold dresses the next night on RAW..
# September 7, 1997 - Ground Zero: Brian Pillman defeated Goldust to win the services of Marlena for 30 days..
# ~~~Pillman repackaged Marlena, putting her in degrating outfits and darker make-up, and imply that he slept with her..

The Death of Brian Pillman
# October 5, 1997: Brian Pillman dies in his hotel room at the age of 35..
# ~~~The tragic news is announced by Vince McMahon during WWF's pay per view in which Pillman was to wrestle..
# October 6, 1997 - RAW: The WWF gives a moment of silence for Brian Pillman and a 10 Bell Salute..
# ~~~In a touching tribute and scene of solidarity, all WWF wrestlers gather together for a video tribute..
credit ObsessedWithWrestling

Brian Pillman was a great wrestler and really had a knack for being a great heel . He was fun to watch one I really enjoyed and I miss to this day. RIP Brian Pillamn and God Bless your family and friends.

yankeesman77
05-13-2006, 04:11 PM
The WWE is gonna make a dvd about Brian Pillman telling his life story I think it might be out in September or November.

bad_meetz_evil
05-13-2006, 04:31 PM
I was just wondering, how did Brain Pillman die?

W-OLF
05-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Some time during the night or early morning prior to the October 5, 1997 In Your House: Badd Blood pay per view in St. Louis, Pillman died in a Minnesota hotel room. He was thirty-five years old. While he was heavily into prescription drugs, an autopsy found that a previously undetected heart condition had led to his death. He did not know that he was about to become a father once again when he died.

bad_meetz_evil
05-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Thats just sad. Thanks for the info, though.

W-OLF
05-13-2006, 06:09 PM
No Problem .

That Rob
05-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Some time during the night or early morning prior to the October 5, 1997 In Your House: Badd Blood pay per view in St. Louis, Pillman died in a Minnesota hotel room. He was thirty-five years old. While he was heavily into prescription drugs, an autopsy found that a previously undetected heart condition had led to his death. He did not know that he was about to become a father once again when he died.

Not only that but the day before he died wrestler reported that he was acting really strange, i.e falling asleep in the middle of the locker room, staring off into space and he showed up early that day, something that rarely happened. Also it was Owen Hart that reported not seeing him, he reported it before the WWF bus was about to head to the areana for the PPV that night. And the heart condition was a family promblem, his father had died of the same condition when he was young.

Also a few things I did not see:

When Brian was born he underwent 36 surguries to remeove throat cancer, thus causing the famous raspy voice.

He had to retire from the NFL due to an ankle injury and that is when his addiction to painkillers started. He would overcome the addiction but a year before he passed he was injured in an automobile accident and wound up addicted again. The accident left him in a comma for almost a week.

The heart condition WOLF spoke of was accually an allergic reacction to the painkillers he was taking becaues of the pain he still felt in his ankle.

RIP Brian I still remember.

Still 2nd Place
05-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Pillman was a great wrestler and preformer when I look back at why I was a fan is was guys lie him who gave the best match they could give night in and night out and he always gave it all I dont think he will ever be forgotten he may not be on everyone favorite of all time list but if you watched wrestling in his day he is someone you will never forget

I loved his work with Austin as a team and aginst each other

as far as the DVD gose I will sure in hell be getting it when it come out I will go as far to pre-order it to make sure I dont forget about it

DefLeppardVanHalen
11-29-2007, 03:24 AM
Brian Pillman was a good football player and an amazing wrestler. He was one of the first high-flyers, who really paved the way for all the smaller wrestlers. If he'd never been in that car accident and stayed in WCW, I wonder what he would like, when the NWO was there.