PDA

View Full Version : Kids these days (I can barely believe it)

Dozer
08-01-2007, 11:27 PM
I was visiting with my little brother the other day(12) and I said you know what Jacobee, lets go to Disneyland.(He looked at me) I siad I will change the oil on my explorer and we can go for the week. I will take the days off work and I have the money in savings. My buddy Brad works at Pixar and can get us a tour, we can surf and have a blast. Hell we can pick up Peter and Antonio on the way down.(Older brothers)

Then he said he didnt want to go to Disneyland. Which I dont get because who doesnt want to go to Disneyland? Then I said we could go to 6-Flags, he said no. I suggested just going down and surfing and stuff, he said he doesnt like the ocean...:hmm: WTF!?! At his age I would have jumped at going to Disneyland. Plus a big summer trip just the brothers, that sounds like a blast. In the end I jabbed him in the arm and called him a pussy. But I just dont get it. Then today I went to fill up at Chevron and after I got me my techron I went in side to pay and my friend was working so I stayed and talked with her a bit. Then this lady and her daughter came in(Daughter was 6-8) and the girl wore a shirt saying "I'm a mature lover" WTF!?! I didnt know whether to chew out the mom or the company! To me that shirt translates to "HEY pedophiles! COME AND GET IT!" My friend asked me not to say anything. But is anyone else stunned by these events or am I alone here?

XXKSXX
08-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Maybe u should have asked your brother what he wanted to do and not tell him what u wanted him to do. It's not your place to tell someone else how to raise their own child when u nothing about them or their child.

Dozer
08-02-2007, 12:38 AM
I never looked at it that way with my bro. I am gonna call him up and ask what he wants to do. But with the shirt I was asking did anyone else find it revolting that they make shirts for little girls that say that

XXKSXX
08-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Do I find it revolting yes I do but their's nothing I really can do about. So u just go on living your life the best u can.

Dozer
08-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Well I just called my bro and he wants to go out on the boat on Saturday. Which would be nice, but he is to scarred to ski or go out on the tubes. Hopefully an uncle or a cousin can come along with, so either they can drive while I am out there or I can throw them off while they are out there. I still cant believe a kid turned down Disneyland. :sad:

XXKSXX
08-02-2007, 12:52 AM
As a kid I would have rather went to a movie then Disneyland. lol

Jodes
08-02-2007, 03:06 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disney :shifty: we floridians are so tired of that damn rat and his friends. ask him if he would like to go to Sea World, Universal Studios, Bush Gardens, Or Islands Of Adventure. anywhere but disney for the love of pizza please!!!!!!! and i so agree with you on those damn shirts :no: i see them alot and i want to smack the parents for letting their little girls wear them. if she was mine no damn way would she ever wear a shirt like that or dress like most girls do now a days:no: ok sorry my rant is over....

Dozer
08-02-2007, 03:32 AM
Well we have California Adventure and I made it clear that we could do 6-Flags and Universal as well to him. I am just shocked thats all. I would have loved and still would love to have a fun SoCal week just the brothers. I should mention that none of these guys are related, but they have either lived with me(when I lived with my folks) or we grew up together. But I doubt you will find any brothers closer. Jacobee is my mom's friend's kid, but I call his mom, mom and he does mine and all of us refer to ourselves as brothers. but hopefully the boat ride will be fun.

Spawn
08-02-2007, 03:51 AM
Wait, you're an adult? I thought you were 13 by the way you act...

Dozer
08-02-2007, 03:52 AM
Dont blame you. I took the "What Age Do You Act" quiz and it said I act 20, which I am just months shy of. I am one immature bastard!

Ill Will
08-02-2007, 08:41 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disney :shifty: we floridians are so tired of that damn rat and his friends. I lol'd so hard @ that. :haha:

Dozer
08-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Ill Will, do you wanna go to Disneyland with me? :sad:

Ill Will
08-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Hell no. Disneyland is for pedophiles.

Glorious Maxxwell
08-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Fuck Disneyland, I not rich enough to go there, so it must be a piece of shit

Dozer
08-05-2007, 02:43 AM
Well we got rained out :sad2:

Jodes
08-05-2007, 08:02 PM
^ awwww that sucks. there's always another day though :)

Big Evil
08-05-2007, 09:14 PM
As far as the Disneyland thing goes... not all kids are interested in that kind of stuff. They may have ideas about what would be fun to do that differ from yours. Try to talk to them and figure out what THEY want to do, and you can all have a good time.

That thing with the shirt just sickens me. I may be only eighteen years old, and I'm sure there are those that won't listen to me because I'm not 'experienced' enough or whatever, but I know what I'm talking about when it relates to the common sense that should exist. The production companies that make these shirts may very well be sick in the head, or at least very insensitive to todays' issues. But the bottom line is that the parents are responsible for what their kids wear. I live smack dab in the middle of Kansas, and regardless of what one may think, there is the same amount of horrible clothes on display for young girls here as well. My own nine year old cousin has been seen wearing a skirt so short that her underwear and buttocks are being shown off more than the damn skirt! That was completely irresponsible for my aunt to ok her to wear. There are disgusting shirts out there that make a presence of dramatic sexuality that shouldn't exist. This may go back to the ideal that women are 'sexualized' from a very young age. I think young women should not be forced to be sexual, yet it is at the roots of our culture nowadays. It's sad, but unless we take it to the government to impose restrictions or something, nothing will be done. In the meantime, pedophiles will rejoice as ignorant parents continue letting their girls wear such garbage.

Ill Will
08-06-2007, 02:29 AM
It's sad, but unless we take it to the government to impose restrictions or something, nothing will be done.That's just about the worse solution I can think of. Parents should not be relying on the government to do their parenting for them. That's the same lazy parenting that inspires ideas like censorship.

Here's an idea: TRY BEING A GOOD PARENT! We don't need the government imposing more restrictions, we need parents taking responsibility for their offspring.

Big Evil
08-06-2007, 02:44 AM
You have a very good point. I'm not saying that my idea is in any way related to parenting. I'm talking about the companies that are so sick that they make sexual shirts for eight year old girls. There is absolutely no reason for a company to make such garbage, and yet they do. The parents that buy this crap should be ashamed, and I would like to think only clueless young Hollywood moms would do such things, but sadly thats not the case. I think that it is perhaps that the young mothers that don't know how to raise a child properly are committing these dastardly deeds, but that only can stretch so far. Parenting is a large part of this, but that doesn't mean the companies should claim no responsibility for their part.

Ill Will
08-06-2007, 04:13 AM
^ If anything like that was ever presented in a real argument, all the clothing companies would have to do is claim freedom of speech through artistic expression, and rightfully so. No one is forcing people to by these shirts with the suggestive or offensive phrases on them. In reality, it's the fact that people are buying them which encourages companies to keep manufacturing them. They don't make the shirts for eight year old girls, they make the shirts for whoever buys them. Personally, I think this is an immoral way to make a profit, but if the government started regulated every greedy company that manufactures risqué products, a lot of companies would suffer. For one, the world of pro wrestling would be a lot different.

Honestly, it just sounds like you're looking for a scapegoat. It's not government's fault, or the clothing manufacturers fault. As individuals, we are responsible for our actions (e.g. what shirts we decide to wear), and in this case, that means that parents are indirectly responsible for what their young daughters are wearing. If you see a 12 year old girl wearing a shirt that says "SLUT" on it, it means one of two things: either her parents haven't taught her that wearing something like that is dangerous and very distasteful, and that it's a BAD thing to be a slut, or her parents haven't even seen what shirt she's wearing. Either way, the fault lies with the parents.

Dozer
08-06-2007, 05:50 AM
See it comes down to the parents. Now if I find out what company produced that shirt I will write them and ask if they are intending to advertise to child molesters? But it comes down to the parents and freedom of speech. A lot of people are offended by South Park and dont want their kids to see it. So get a V-Chip and dont watch. I have been offended by a few episodes of SP, so I dont watch those episodes. I am absolutely disgusted with the existence of such a shirt and due to the size and nature it was designed specifically for a child. I dont want to just sit back and let it go, because I feel that would be saying I am OK with such a thing, but at the same time I do not know what I am able to do about it. All I can do is hope I find the company and maybe find somewhere to go from there.

JohnCenaFan28
08-06-2007, 07:08 AM
Who made that shirt for the girls? They should be sued... I mean 'mature lover'? That really is sick for a girl that young...

Dozer
08-06-2007, 07:45 AM
If I find out the company I will post the name.

z-ero
09-19-2007, 10:25 AM
I was visiting with my little brother the other day(12) and I said you know what Jacobee, lets go to Disneyland.(He looked at me) I siad I will change the oil on my explorer and we can go for the week. I will take the days off work and I have the money in savings. My buddy Brad works at Pixar and can get us a tour, we can surf and have a blast. Hell we can pick up Peter and Antonio on the way down.(Older brothers)

Then he said he didnt want to go to Disneyland. Which I dont get because who doesnt want to go to Disneyland? Then I said we could go to 6-Flags, he said no. I suggested just going down and surfing and stuff, he said he doesnt like the ocean...:hmm: WTF!?! At his age I would have jumped at going to Disneyland. Plus a big summer trip just the brothers, that sounds like a blast. In the end I jabbed him in the arm and called him a pussy. But I just dont get it. Then today I went to fill up at Chevron and after I got me my techron I went in side to pay and my friend was working so I stayed and talked with her a bit. Then this lady and her daughter came in(Daughter was 6-8) and the girl wore a shirt saying "I'm a mature lover" WTF!?! I didnt know whether to chew out the mom or the company! To me that shirt translates to "HEY pedophiles! COME AND GET IT!" My friend asked me not to say anything. But is anyone else stunned by these events or am I alone here?

okay that is just f***ed up seriously i mean when i was like 12 i went into a hyperactive state when my parents said we are going to disney land.

and that t-shirt the young girl was wearing is disgraeful i mean we want to crack down on pheadophilla but with t-shirts like that its encourigeing them more than it is putting them off