PDA

View Full Version : JR Confirms Jeff Hardy's Suspension

Dangerous Incorporated
08-04-2007, 04:27 AM
It saddens and greatly disappoints me that Jeff Hardy will be absent from the WWE for the next month or so. Nonetheless, I am happy that Jeff isn’t suffering from a serious injury as has plagued so many wrestlers recently. The WWE could have certainly utilized Jeff’s services during these challenging times and no one can dispute the fact that Jeff’s individual popularity wasn’t building toward an all time high if it wasn’t already there. Everyone is human and as the old saying goes “to err is human” but the timing of these unfortunate circumstances are extremely untimely. The “good news” if one chooses to look for some positive in this situation is that Jeff will be back in time, as I understand it, and he will have an opportunity to still make a big impact in the WWE and then move continuously in a positive direction in his career and finally live his dream of becoming the superstar he was meant to be.

The Monday Night Raw rating, when it was released early this week, was not good. When I saw the rating I felt that it was an abnormally large drop and after reviewing the other programs on against us it seemed that none of them experienced an abnormally large increase for the night. So what happened? Where did the viewers go who failed to watch Raw? What TV show did they tune to Monday Night? All valid questions, but there are few answers except that Nielson, the rating service that provides the all important numbers/ratings for TV shows has stepped forward to indicate that there was technical errors in reporting for multiple shows, as I understand it, on Monday night. I don’t know what the Raw rating will end up being, as I write this, but it was a much better rating than was released on Tuesday that began a “sky is falling” approach by many in the wrestling media, some who almost sounded gleeful that the WWE was being faced with more challenges. I have had the same philosophy for year and that is that I never get to euphoric regarding the high ratings nor will I allow myself to get to low on the bad ones. I adopted that philosophy during the Monday Night Wars when WCW kicked our backside 83 weeks in a row even though I thought on many of those weeks the WWE produced the better TV product. That’s akin to a football team playing a great game and still losing. The bottom line is wins and losses and we lost….83 weeks in a row, so I decided to make a conscious effort to not put my self in a position to stay in a funk or depressed for those 83 weeks. I am not Dr. Phil, but that just doesn’t seem healthy.

Pacman Jones questions seem to abound. I think this is a joke to even consider Jones to be on anyone’s roster and is a knee jerk attempt to garner attention/publicity. Contrary to popular belief I am of the mindset that all publicity is NOT good publicity. It might have been in the P.T. Barnum, days but not in the days of Nancy Grace and her cronies. Seriously, that theory defies common sense in today’s marketplace. Jones has proven to have character issues and is living large in the age of entitlement so why would anyone with any intelligence want this man in their locker room? Wrestling locker rooms are challenging enough places with all the diverse ego and personalities that are seemingly running rampant without adding a known malcontent, non-dues paying, untrained wrestler to the mix.

Will Kurt Angle ever return to the WWE questions have been popping up lately. Last I looked, Kurt had a job with a lesser schedule, which I feel fits him better than being on the road even though the WWE schedule is 4 days on and 3 days off, if one is booked full time. The days of the “I worked over 300 days a year” song and dance have long since passed which, honestly, is a really good thing. I am not in charge of WWE bridges so for me to say if Kurt has burned his bridge or not with the WWE would be a guess and not my place. Personally, I would say he has not, but again, I am down in Oklahoma selling Bar-B-Q and not managing talent relations of which I am eternally thankful.

With the upcoming release of the World Class DVD by the WWE coming soon, many have asked my memories about the World Class promotion. I only worked there a few times as a fill in for a vacating announcer but was close from an administration standpoint working with Bill Watts in the Mid South and UWF organizations. The company had amazing talents, especially and arguably the most famously controversial family in the biz, the Von Erichs. Lots of talent wanted to work the “Dallas Territory” for pappy Fritz because the travel was manageable and their TV production was top shelf, thanks in a large part to Keith Mitchell and their TV aired literally everywhere so the wrestlers had an opportunity to get great exposure. I did have issues with how the company was managed at times and the lack of discipline that some talents exhibited should not have been tolerated. The tragic deaths of the Von Erich brothers is almost too bizarre to be believed. The story of World Class Championship Wrestling is mind boggling and I am sure the DVD will be special. I am anxious to see it myself. There was great wrestling, and ample amounts of sex, drugs and rock ‘roll-like lifestyles within that talented, profitable albeit seemingly haunted wrestling company.

For those of you that write asking about WWE Over the Edge of 1999, the event Owen Hart died, I have little recall about that event that I care to remember at this time. I have not seen that PPV ever on tape and have said on numerous occasions I “may” watch it again, if I ever decide to write a book about my career. That was one of the saddest days of my life, professionally or personally. Sitting mere feet from seeing one’s friend die is not a memory I enjoy recalling and I have discussed it enough already.

Lots of folks asking about HBK. I have been in email communication with Shawn over the past few weeks and he seems to be feeling much better, but my sense is that he is still a few months away from returning to in ring action. I expect he will start training in a more aggressive way around September 1 and will likely make his return sometime this fall. I know we all miss him on Raw and he is one of the most influential leaders in the locker room. The young wrestlers should always listen when HBK talks and I have always stressed that every young talent thoroughly study Shawn Michael’s DVDs, etc if they truly want to master their craft. I do not believe that because a guy simply looks good in an 8X10 that he has a chance to be a star. Size is a non issue in the way I judge talent and HBK is a testament to that personal philosophy. Skill, passion, and charisma far and away outweigh big bodies. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Is Terry Funk WWE Hall of Fame material? Are you kidding me. Do I love Bar-B-Q? Do I have “Boomer Sooner” as my cell phone ring? Absolutely, Terry should be in the WWE Hall of Fame as should his brother Dory. And what about the Briscos? Definitely. All 4 of these men deserve to be in the WWE Hall of Fame over many that are in the hallowed halls, especially yours truly.

Source: http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/08/03/bar-b-q-is-life-zz-top-at-jr%e2%80%99s-sooner-footballers-gobble-up-jr%e2%80%99s-beef-jerky-why-can%e2%80%99t-jr-tell-jillian-and-beth-apart-raw-ratings-not-as-bad-as-some-ranted-the-simpsons-movie-pa/

Guess I stand corrected on the Jeff situation.