PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Wonder announces US tour

OMEN
08-04-2007, 09:52 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44036000/jpg/_44036748_wonder203body.jpg
Wonder played in front of office workers in LA
Motown music legend Stevie Wonder has announced his first US tour in more than a decade.

The 57-year-old, will start the tour in San Diego on 23 August, with the final concert in Boston on 20 September.

The 13-date tour will cover eight states and includes dates in Los Angeles, Chicago and Atlanta.

"I thought what would be really wonderful would be to go out and perform throughout this country as we have a need for healing," Wonder said.

The singer, whose numerous hits include I Just Called To Say I Love You and Superstition, added that tickets will go on sale on 11 August.

Played hits

Wonder made the announcement at a news conference in a public park at Century City, Los Angeles.

Hundreds of office workers on their lunch break were treated to Wonder playing several of his hits including Higher Ground and My Cherie Amour, Reuters reported.

Wonder said he had been "blessed with being able to sing and to write, to play - what better way can I think of than to go out and share my love with you through song?"

He told his audience that more dates may be added to the Wonder Summer Nights tour.

In 2005, he released his first album in 10 years, A Time to Love. It debuted at number five on the US album charts and has sold 469,000 copies to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

He has sold over 70 million albums since he was signed by Motown Records at the age of 11.

BBC