PDA

View Full Version : Ballack Deal Edges Closer

OMEN
05-14-2006, 12:54 AM
http://images.skysports.com/images/playerpics05_06/Germany/bayernmunich/ballack_filmstar.jpg
Michael Ballack expects to have his future sorted in the next few days after making his final appearance in a Bayern Munich shirt.

It looks certain that Ballack will be plying his trade in The Premiership next season, as Chelsea close on the classy playmaker's signature.

Ballack is eager to seal a move before the World Cup commences and Germany's captain will not be short of suitors after four imperious years at Bayern, although, it does seem that Stamford Bridge will be his next port of call.

Despite helping his side to three Bundesliga titles and three German cups, Ballack was booed by his own supporters prior to Bayern's game against Borussia Dortmund.

Ballack admits he was disappointed to receive a hostile reception, blaming the club's management for stoking up the supporters' ire.

"I'll decide in the next few days," confirmed Ballack. "I wasn't trying to mess anyone about.

"I was not able to make a decision sooner and couldn't force a decision just because Bayern managers demanded one.

''There are a lot of others at Bayern who don't know whether they have a future at Bayern Munich or not.

"I've had a great time here and felt good with a great team that won a lot of titles

"Those things got whipped up a bit in recent weeks after some remarks by the club's management.

"The fans are sensitive to what is said. But I always tried hard to do my job and that should be honoured.

''I want a new challenge now. I've got to accept some jeering. It shows I was an important player but it does hurt."

SkySports