PDA

View Full Version : Lily Allen's US work visa revoked

OMEN
08-08-2007, 09:53 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44043000/jpg/_44043720_lily_getty203b.jpg
Lily Allen has still been allowed to enter the US
Pop star Lily Allen has had her US work visa cancelled after arriving at Los Angeles International Airport.

The 22-year-old, who is due to tour America in September, had flown in for the MTV Video Music Awards launch.

A spokesman for the singer said: "She's still in America. All her commitments will carry on as normal. The work visa will be sorted out by her next visit."

She was held at the airport for five hours in connection with an arrest for an alleged assault in London in June.

The arrest arose from an incident outside a London nightclub in March and resulted in a caution for common assault.

I want my fans to know that I will do everything I can to be back in America in September
Lily Allen

She flew into the US from Australia on Sunday to attend Tuesday's announcement of the award nominations in Las Vegas.

An MTV spokesperson has confirmed the star will still attend the awards show.

"Lily was questioned and her work visa was revoked," Allen's spokesman said. "She was detained for five hours but not strip searched. Understandably she was upset by it."

Allen will need a new work visa before she returns to the US on 6 September, when she is due to play in San Diego.

'Trying everything'

In a statement the singer said: "I am trying everything I can to sort this out.

"It is my intention to play my American dates in September. This depends on the authorities granting me a new work visa.

"I want my fans to know that I will do everything I can to be back in America in September. I don't like letting my fans down and this is a situation that I am sure we can sort."

Allen's previous stay in the US was cut short when she postponed 20 dates from her tour in May and June because she was "bored slightly" and wanted to get back to work in the studio.

BBC