PDA

View Full Version : UK bands dominate Kerrang! race

OMEN
08-08-2007, 10:06 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42370000/jpg/_42370813_shikari_203.jpg
Enter Shikari came fifth in the BBC News website's Sound of 2007 poll
Hertfordshire metal band Enter Shikari and US rock group My Chemical Romance lead the field at this year's Kerrang! awards with four nominations apiece.

Both bands are up for best single and album, while My Chemical Romance is also in the running for best video and best international band.

Enter Shikari, shortlisted for best British newcomer last year, are up for best live band and best British band.

The St Albans-based outfit said it was "great to be nominated again".

"Hopefully this time we won't have a show and can actually make the awards," said singer 'Rou' Reynolds.

This year's event will be held at the Brewery in east London on 23 August.

'Incredible year'

Chicago band Fall Out Boy have three nominations for best album, video and international band.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44046000/jpg/_44046257_chemical2_bodygetty.jpg
My Chemical Romance were named best band on the planet last year
British outfits Funeral for a Friend, Biffy Clyro and Muse have two nominations each, as do US groups Machine Head, Hellogoodbye and 30 Seconds to Mars.

Welsh band Lostprophets, also up for two prizes this year, were the big winners at the 2006 awards, where they won best British band and best album.

This year they are again up for best British band with an additional citation for best live band.

Kerrang! magazine's deputy editor Daniel Lane said it had been a "pretty incredible year" for rock.

"It's also fantastic to see the number of British bands on the nominees list," he added.

BBC

Ill Will
08-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Kerrang! has lost a lot credibility IMO. MCR as the best band on the planet?

Just no.

Dark Drakan
08-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Kerrang! has lost a lot credibility IMO. MCR as the best band on the planet?

Just no.

I would agree there, i mean where was Bullet For My Valentines name in that article? :no: