PDA

View Full Version : Time

Sunshine Acid
05-14-2006, 04:25 AM
Not much of a debate really, but more of a philisophical discussion in which points and ideas can be debated or thrown out.

*Warning for people that do not like thinking deep, this will sound very confusing or irrational. Those open minded thinkers out there have fun and please do share your thoughts*

I was thinking about the concept of time as it is, you know the concept of time in general, being it has no beginning and no end. Just thinking about its cycle and the intervals of measurement we have for it. Even thinking about this topic drives you crazy. The idea of time having no beginning or no end drives me insane. like a circle doesnt start it begins where it ends, but where do all of the events of time take place or start if there is no begginning. What links everything together and what about before time? Is there a such thing? Makes me wonder that time may be relative and just a system created by us in order to judge area between events. Maybe time is relative to our own minds and we can distort and arrange it according to our own relativity.

An example would be on acid or mescaline, or other psychedelics that trigger different parts of the psyche or open different doors in the mind, you can close your eyes and almost endure an eternity within what reality would consider seconds..that is the matter of it being relative because reality is just a level of being that our brains know cause it is constantly in that realm;
therefore, time, as a creation to those in the level of what is percieved to be reality by the masses, is relative only to that level of being.

Is our cosmos divided by seprate states of being all able to be considered their own reality with their own relative sanction of time? I suppose there is no beginning to time though because even before the beginning of the universe if their was vast nothingness, an empty cosmos, then that nothing has to be measured by some sort of time.

Just my thoughts, what do you all think about time and its ability to be relative to yourself or your own mind? Is there a link to connect the cycle or does it just run with no beginning like a circle?

Voodoo
05-14-2006, 05:33 AM
You're on your own with this one, I consider myself an open minded thinker and this confused the hell out of me...

z-ero
05-16-2006, 10:10 AM
nah she has a point time has no end and it has no beggining but what gets me is the speed of time differs with what you do.

if you are doing something fun an enjoyable time goes by really fast but if your dpoing something boring time goes slowly and minutes seems like hours stuff like that.

TheDragonGT
07-23-2006, 10:47 PM
'Time' as we measure and know it...is just a reflection of the internal, unitary mechanical processes within our brain...so imagining what it is like 'before' the big bang is really hard to do... I think the link is consciousness itself. I don't prescribe to the theory that there was 'nothing' before the Big Bang. There was something, and that something was everything, in a primordial state. How to measure that? Basically, you could think of it as a single multi-dimensional unit of interconnected being.... Time is just a measurement of the difference between different states, phases if you will... So if there is only one state of everything, then there would be only one unit of measurement or "time," which I call, the eternal 'Now.'

"if you are doing something fun an enjoyable time goes by really fast but if your dpoing something boring time goes slowly and minutes seems like hours stuff like that."
I've heard of this too, and have experienced it myself...my guess is that maybe the frequencies of our brain signals have a higher frequencey during happy times, and lower frequencies during bad times?

F-U
07-25-2006, 07:04 AM
Time is time.. I dont quite get why you have to make a thread about this.

Sunshine Acid
07-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Time is time.. I dont quite get why you have to make a thread about this.

Time is time, thats quite enlightening...:rolleyes:

what
07-27-2006, 03:13 AM
Time....a thing with no beginning and no end. Like Sunshine said, a circle is an example. But time is more complex than a circle lol. But time had a partner. Something had to be there with time. Sometimes I think its more than what we can comprehend. Our fault goes that where what we see we believe and what we don't see we dont believe. I believe our belief our faith comes from seeing what you can't see. How do you think people get through the day? No matter what is going on we are still breathing there fore with our breath we can since hope that we are here for a bigger purpose than we think now. If you can scientifically describe time itself, then you would know all the answers to all the world's beginning, present and the end. For if time doesn't have an end and we do...there must be somewhere else we go when do die...maybe we have a spirit that lives inside us and that guides us and makes us who we are. Our minds have the ability to take hold of the good morals in this world and its a shame we do have a lot of people who do the bad things in life. But no matter what....there is always hope....always love....always a new beginning in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Sunshine Acid
07-27-2006, 05:28 AM
Time....a thing with no beginning and no end. Like Sunshine said, a circle is an example. But time is more complex than a circle lol. But time had a partner. Something had to be there with time. Sometimes I think its more than what we can comprehend. Our fault goes that where what we see we believe and what we don't see we dont believe. I believe our belief our faith comes from seeing what you can't see. How do you think people get through the day? No matter what is going on we are still breathing there fore with our breath we can since hope that we are here for a bigger purpose than we think now. If you can scientifically describe time itself, then you would know all the answers to all the world's beginning, present and the end. For if time doesn't have an end and we do...there must be somewhere else we go when do die...maybe we have a spirit that lives inside us and that guides us and makes us who we are. Our minds have the ability to take hold of the good morals in this world and its a shame we do have a lot of people who do the bad things in life. But no matter what....there is always hope....always love....always a new beginning in the Lord Jesus Christ.

So that was one big christianity plug? :hmm: