View Full Version : It's Time For A New Evolution Stable

Black Widow
08-10-2007, 02:53 PM
With Smackdown needing a little bit of a boost, it's time for the writers to take a look back in time and bring back the Evolution stable.

The Concept of Evolution

Evolution was billed as being "the past, the present, and the future".

The first incarnation of the group was the epitome of that saying. Ric Flair was the past. Triple H was the present. Batista and Randy Orton were the future.

Prior to joining Evolution, Batista and Randy Orton were two relative unknowns. They were unable to generate much interest from the audience despite the WWE's efforts to promote Randy Orton.

Both men would go on to win the World Heavyweight Championship.

It was a great concept that helped elevate two midcarders into main eventers. The writers should bring it back and hope for the same.

The Main Components

With Ric Flair and Batista on the Smackdown brand, the main components for a new Evolution stable is already in place.

New versions of stables can succeed if one of the main components stays the same. Degeneration X was able to survive after Shawn Michaels left because the stable still had Triple H.

Batista

Batista has come a long way since his days as being the fourth member of Evolution.

He surprised a lot of critics by surpassing Randy Orton's success. When the group was at its peak, the majority of people believed that Randy Orton would be the one to become the big star. However, the crowd's reaction to Batista forced the writers to make him a huge star.

After a nice run at the top, Batista's popularity has slowly started to decline as of late. A lot of it has to do with the fact that the writers haven't really been able to come up with something new for him to do.

He feuded with Edge for a few months. While it was a good feud, the program between the two ran its course. It was time for something new.

Batista's feud with the Great Khali was a bit refreshing, but after a forced title change, the storyline became dull again. We have Batista going after the title again. Only this time, it was a different opponent.

Giving Batista the lead role in a new Evolution stable would re-establish his spot at the top of the food chain.

His alliance with Ric Flair has already proven to be quite popular with the Smackdown audience. There's just something that feels right about having them together.

Batista's popularity is still high enough for him to be able to help elevate midcarders.

Ric Flair

At this stage in his career, Ric Flair should not be a main eventer. However, the writers can still keep him relevant and in the main event scene by pair him up permanently with Batista.

Ric Flair's tremendous mic skills can be an asset for young inexperienced midcarders who have yet to develop comfort on the mic.

Plus, being around a guy that has won as many championships as Ric Flair could prove beneficial for a lot of guys.

Chris Masters

If there's ever been a guy that has the look that Vince McMahon drools over, it's Chris Masters.

His ring skills and mic skills are decent. However, his character has yet to develop all that much since his debut. All he gets to do is basically challenge people to endure his full nelson.

Put him with Ric Flair and Batista, call him the future, and watch him blossom.

Chris Masters can be to Evolution what Lex Luger was to the Four Horsemen. He's already copied one of Lex Luger's gimmick. Might as well copy another.

Kenny Dykstra

Kenny Dykstra is an athletic young wrestler who could benefit tremendously from Ric Flair's advice. Right now, the writers haven't spent time on developing his character, so he's a generic wrestler (all the way down to his standard black trunks and boots).

Dress him up in a suit, put Ric Flair in his corner, and watch him blossom.

The Major Brothers

Two solid young wrestlers without a gimmick. Sounds perfect to pair with Ric Flair and Batista.

By being Evolution members, fans automatically start caring about their matches. The writers would then be able to bring them up and have them feud with Deuce & Domino. Since Deuce & Domino are only the WWE Tag Team Champions because no one else on the roster is capable, it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to see the Major Brothers take the strap.

Gregory Helms

When Gregory Helms comes back from his injury, he'd be a great candidate to be a member of the new Evolution stable.

Gregory Helms has the looks to be an Evolution member. His wrestling skills are as good as anyone on Smackdown. Gregory Helms can also pull off the cocky young wrestler, which would make him a nice fit for Evolution.

Bad Fits

What you don't want to add to a stable like Evolution are guys who already have their characters developed. Guys like MVP, Jimmy Wang Yang, Jamie Noble, Shannon Moore, Matt Hardy, Mark Henry, Finlay, and even Chuck Palumbo already have character. Being in Evolution would actually hinder their characters.

Closing Thoughts

Choose any two of the above guys and put them into a new Evolution stable with Ric Flair and Batista. Smackdown would then have a big foundation to build upon.

- *****************.com

JohnCenaFan28
08-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Hmm. Sounds intriguing. I think, as Batista is always going against a member of Deuce and Domino(SD Tag Champs) so maybe he and Flair can team up to re-make a smaller Evolution. I mean DX started MUCH bigger than 2 people yet 2 people was good enough on RAW(those two being HHH and HBK) while on SD you can have Ric Flair and Batista(2 big people) and put that version of Evolution against Deuce and Domino for the belts because that division is dead right now...

LInk_of_time
08-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I mean DX started MUCH bigger than 2 people yet 2 people was good enough on RAW(those two being HHH and HBK) .

you're right they were MUCH bigger at the beginning, there....were...3......

but the evolution idea sounds good even though they kinda tried with the new breed. similar but not the same. hmmm... that would be interesting if the new breed was still around(in full force) and a new evolution started. they could feud kinda of like flair and batista kinda picking the new members of EVO and the rest of the guys in the back being jealous causing friction(kinda like a Sensei picking one pupil over the other) and the "new breed" saying "we don't the need help of some old guys"

this would require the creation of a "new breed" or something like it on smackdown possibly through a transfer of some of the current breed on ecw. and turn the feud into a heel vs heel. as the feud was to escalate, turn it into an almost war with lots backstage work and smackdown caught in the middle.

JohnCenaFan28
08-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Didn't DX formerly include HHH,HBK,Chyna,X-Pac,Road Dogg and Mr. Ass? Anyway, I agree with you Link of Time, that'd also help the Tag division, even possibly add Deuce and Domino into the mix...

619_fan
08-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Didn't DX formerly include HHH,HBK,Chyna,X-Pac,Road Dogg and Mr. Ass? Anyway, I agree with you Link of Time, that'd also help the Tag division, even possibly add Deuce and Domino into the mix...

D-X originally started up as HHH, HBK, Rick Rude and Chyna. Then when HBK left due to injury HHH proclaimed himself leader and recruited X-Pac and the New Age Outlaws. Then that all fell apart when HHH and Chyna switched to The Corporation...

tommy
08-11-2007, 04:17 AM
My idea is a little different. I think it'd be great to have two fueding Evolution groups, one face group on smackdown and a heel group on RAW. This could lead to a lot of cross brand storylines, generating more interest and both shows, and the chance to bring four up and comers into the main event scene.

Who would be in it?

Smackdown's Evolution:
Leader: Batista (came a long way since his days in Evolution, and as previously said, he would make a great leader here)
Legend: Ric Flair (For Obvious Reasons)
Rising Star: CM Punk (he doens't have the most developed charater, but he has more raw talent than anyone else in the WWE)
Rising Star: Cody Rhodes (although he just debuted, he already has fueded with a former Evolution member and has a lot of the crowd behind him)

RAW's Evolution:
Leader: Either Triple H or Randy Orton. I would lean more towards Triple H, but Orton would be an acceptable choice.
Legend: Rowdy Roddy Piper (quite possibly the only legend capable of going head to head with Ric Flair in the dirty fighting area)
Rising Star: Mr. Kennedy (is so close to being main event, he just needs this one final push)
Rising Star: Either Elijah Burke or Randy Orton (if Randy isn't the leader of Evolution, he could still fit in it as a rising star, as he has not been as prominent in the main event scene as Batista. This would also put two original members on each side. On the other hand Elijah Burke has a lot of talent and is also a perfect canidate).

Fueds that have already been put in place:
-Triple H or Randy Orton vs Batista
-Flair vs Piper
-Orton vs Rhodes
-Kennedy vs Punk
-Burke vs Punk

What do you think?

JoshTheKiller
08-11-2007, 04:29 AM
Well is this going to be a face stable, I would rather habe no stable than a face stable but if they turned heel I would have to say to add:

-Chris Masters
-Kenny Dykstra with Victoria

I think both of those two would be a good fit for the "New" Evolution. Chris Masters because he has nothing going for him on SD right now and he is a great heel. He could be the "Master Piece" of the "New" Evolution. Comparing to Batista in the old Evolution.

Dykstra would be good as the "Future" of Evolution. Comparing to Orton in the original Evolution. Dykstra is a good wrestler and I'd hate to see his talent go to waste.

Victoria, one of the best Women's wrestlers to date. She could act like Chyna did in DX. A manly women that would wrestle and manage.

Batista would be acting as the leader of the "New" Evolution, comparing to Triple H in the original Evolution. Batista would act as a great leader, I liked his heelness in the old Evolution. Taking younger stars under his wing much like Triple H did in the old Evolution.

Wooooo! Ric Flair is Ric Flair,. I loved him as heel it would great to see ghim as heel again. He is a great manager like he did in the old Evolution and would be cool to have in the "New" Evolution.

So all in all, I would like to see this faction on Smackdown!

JohnCenaFan28
08-11-2007, 06:41 AM
I say have:
Batista as WHC(though I'd hate that)
Kenny and Chris Masters w/Victoria as Tag Champs.
Ric Flair as US Champ
Jamie Noble as CW Champ.

Batista could feud with Rey Mysterio/Kane/Matt Hardy while he holds the belt and Batista is heel.
Kenny and Masters w/Victoria could feud with either Deuce and Domino w/Cherrie(letting Cherrie get some matches with Victoria too) OR the Major Brothers w/ Torrie Wilson or Michelle McCool.
Ric Flair as a heel can go against Matt Hardy(if not put in Main Event area yet) for the US title.
Jamie Noble can face against Jimmy Wang Yang/Rey Mysterio(if not in Main Event area ATM)

Fox-Watcher
08-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Wow, those are all great ideas!

Give it to the stupid chimps in the "uncreative" team and we would actually have a good storyline again (for the first time in ten years)!

matt3162
08-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Good ideas they need to try something.

XXKSXX
08-13-2007, 02:52 PM
IMO the WWE as a company needs stable's most people like them and it makes for good TV and it helps the tag division out also.