PDA

View Full Version : ROH 'Death Before Dishonor V Results, Night One - 10th Aug 2007

LionDen
08-12-2007, 07:21 AM
ROH 'Death Before Dishonor V Results, Night One - 10th Aug 2007
Location - Roxbury

(Featuring match of the year candidate)

Pre show:

Shane Hagadorn won six man mayhem over Alex "Sugarfoot" Payne, Ernie Osiris, Bobby Dempsey, Rhett Titus, and Mitch Franklin.

Sara Del Ray retained her SHIMMER title against Candice LaRae

MAIN SHOW:

1) Jack Evans defeated Davey Richards by DQ when Roderick Strong and Rocky Romero attacked Evans as he was setting up his 630 finish. Resilience...Aries, Cross, Stevens made save. Jack was not happy about this prompting him to explain he had his "own" crew. Really good opener.

2) Lacey defeated Daizee Haze via implant ddt to earn a SHIMMER title shot tomorrow night in Philadelphia.

3) Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney, Tank Toland, Sara Del Ray and Bobby Dempsey defeated Nigel McGuiness via submission in a Pure Wrestling Match. Nigel ran out of rope breaks. About two minutes into the match, the lights dropped and in complete darkness a voice came over the intercom repeating "Project 161". Entertaining but not the match you would hope for.

4) Matt Cross won six man mayhem defeating Delirious, Brent Albright, Jigsaw, Pelle Primeau and Eddie Edwards. Good.

5) Austin Aries & Erick Stevens defeated Rocky Romero and Roderick Strong. Aries hit the 450 on Romero about 20 mins in. Long match that dragged and felt like hours at times. NRC attack after the bell prompting Cross to attempt a save but get destroyed. Jack Evans ran in, cleaned house and said his crew would be ready by the Boston return 10/5 for a fight with the NRC.

INTERMISSION

6) American Dragon defeated Matt Sydal with Larry Sweeney via ref stoppage (triangle choke/elbows). Strong match, however, I felt Sydal got no offense at all. See KENTA/Sydal from Bitter End, Nov 06. Due to pre-match stips, Dragon retains Sydal's winning purse from 10,000 dollar tag challenge last week. Sweeney teased a break up from Sydal post-match.

7) ROH World Champion, Takeshi Morishima defeated Claudio Castagnoli via back drop driver ****1/4....possible MOTY. Crowd heat was insane, plenty of false finishes. Claudio teased the Ricola Bomb twice. First time, reversed into back drop....second, Morishima squashed him. Finally on the third attempt, crowd rose to its feet as Morishima barely escaped. I would have to say this was Morishima's best match that I've seen in ROH.

8) Steen & Generico defeated Briscoes in a non-title Boston Street Fight. Unreal fight, brawl, match, etc. Crowd heat off the charts again. Tables, ladders, chairs all played factors in this one. Reminded me of old school ECW from the old days at Wonderland in Revere, MA. Steen puts Jay away with package piledriver on a ladder to get the win. Steen gets on the mic post-match and says 8/24 Hartford, Steel Cage, him and Generico will be tag team champions. He then goes as far to request a WORLD title fight/open challenge for the Boston return. Really good, solid show.