PDA

View Full Version : Mark Wahlberg to be our Bra Boy

OMEN
08-18-2007, 10:30 AM
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5615934,00.jpg
Firming up as favourite ... Mark Wahlberg has the assets to fill the Bra Boy role
HOLLYWOOD heart-throb Mark Wahlberg is firming up as the man to play Koby Abberton in the Hollywood film adaption of his Bra Boys doco, which is set to start filming later this year.

The big wave surfer has made no secret of his desire for the The Departed and Boogie Nights star to portray him, but the swell is starting to build, with Abberton now working with scriptwriters and producers in LA.

"I haven't met him yet, but someone knows something," the Maroubra bad boy told Waves magazine in his first in-depth interview about the feature film.

Abberton, who joked that he has the same body as Donnie Wahlberg's younger brother, has already recruited fellow Aussie Russell Crowe to make his directorial debut for the surfing brotherhood tale.

The rights to the book My Brother's Keeper - detailing the notorious killing of Tony Hines by Bra Boys member Jai Abberton - were sold to Universal Pictures last month.

Abberton is in the final stages of selling the movie, for which he expects to make "a crazy amount of money".

"It looks like we've secured the biggest action sports movie buyout ever," he said.

Abberton did nothing to hose down rumours of trysts with Paris Hilton and Tara Reid in the interview, saying: "Let's just say I've been to America and it was fun."

But he revealed he "couldn't be happier" with his current squeeze, Shire model Tahyna Tozzi, with whom he shares a love nest in Santa Monica.

Daily Telegraph