PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Rate the Ex-WWE Guys in TNA?

Flair Country
08-27-2007, 03:51 PM
It’s no news that TNA has spent the last two years stockpiling WWE cast-offs. With all the free agents TNA has signed the last 24 months, it’s been hard to keep up. Here is a list of all the WWE wrestlers TNA has brought aboard recently and my grades on how they’ve done.

Christian Cage - (A+) - Cage has been one of the most consistently entertaining characters in TNA, and has delivered consistently good (though not great) matches in the ring.

Kurt Angle - (A) - Angle hasn’t been as good as advertised, but he’s been close. He isn’t at a point in his career where he can carry ANY opponent to a four-star match, but he’s shown he still has enough in the tank to put on the occasional great match.

Rhino - (A-) Rhino has been excellent in TNA. One of things that’s made him so great is his versatility. He’s got enough credibility to be a main eventer, but can also fill in where needed on the mid-card. He also willing to a variety of matches from Elevation X to whatever random nickname they can come up with for a hardcore match.

Scott Steiner - ( B-) - Although he’s not what he used to be in the ring, he is still passable, still cuts a pretty good promo, and has been willing to help put over younger talent.

Tomko - (C) - He was never a great in-ring performer in WWE, but he has shown more personality and charisma in TNA than he ever did in WWE. He’s been great in his role as Christian’s reluctant muscle man, but his character may go in the tank when he’s finally separated from Cage.

Rick Steiner - (C) - He’s been good in his role as the meat-headed sidekick, and he helped put on a surprisingly entertaining match at Hard Justice. Until proven otherwise, he’s been a solid pickup to help boost the tag division.

Dustin Rhodes as "Black Reign" - (D)- Since he’s only wrestled one match in TNA, I really had to resist the urge to give him an "F" already. The split personality gimmick is more disturbing than anything else, and makes me want to change the channel every time Rhodes comes on TV. It will take a LOT to save this gimmick.

Matt Morgan - (N/A) - In WWE he was a 7-foot stiff with a terrible stuttering gimmick and a really good finisher. It’s too early to tell if he can help TNA, but his time in WWE seems to indicate he’s just a one-trick pony.

Andrew "The Punisher" Martin - (N/A) - Test -- err, "The Punisher" – has improved since his first WWE run and appeared to have developed into a pretty good worker during his latest stint with ECW. He still has about as much charisma as a raisin, but he has the potential to put on some decent matches in TNA.

I found this article on TNAWrestlingNews and after reading over it I think it is pretty accurate. I would probably already give Test an F, but that's just me. What do you think?

legolas4792
08-28-2007, 12:34 AM
pretty accurate i would say i would change some votes but that might just be because i like some of them

Will
08-28-2007, 06:09 AM
There is no way that Rhyno is an A-. What has he done except job on damn near every ppv for the last 2 years.

wcwnitro2000
10-13-2007, 11:57 AM
matt morgans character is good in my books, i would personally give it a B from what ive seen so far

demolition89
10-22-2007, 01:18 AM
I agree for teh most part with you. My Question is how you could leave Team 3-d and the VKM out of your rankings of former WWE talent. (3-D get an A-; VKM a solid B.)

I have high hopes for Junior Fatu (aka Rikishi) ~ loved the live Promo I saw with him incorporating hints of "Classic Rock"!

5be92
11-19-2007, 08:25 PM
i agree with you except that i would just give rhodes an f straight away.....he's just plain weird

ClayMation
12-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Christian - A+ (probably the best ex-WWE guy they got)

Angle - A (entertaining in and out of the ring)

Rhino - B (was helping the main event scene for a while. now he kinda jobs)

Booker T - A (so far)

Steiner - B+ (keeps his attitude in check. Boosting the tag scene with his bro)

Tomko - B (been awesome in sidekick role and tag division)

Black Reign - C (no one cares about Goldust anymore)

Matt Morgan - ? (the guy hasnt really done anything yet)

Thats how I feel about it. lol

Pepsi Plunge
12-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Christian Cage - (A+) I was really suprised when they brought him in at Genesis 2005 and over the past couple of months/years, he has really impressed me and is the best ex-WWE guy TNA has brought in so far. WWE could've made money with this guy but they screwed up again as usual and TNA has made him a big star and his gimmick like obsessed with power in TNA is great. I was happy when he won the NWA belt for the first and second time and whether he's a face/heel, I will still be happy seeing Cage each week on TNA.

Kurt Angle - (A+) I was more suprised to see Angle coming to TNA more than Cage when it was announced at No Surrender 2006. Some may say that Kurt Angle has ruined TNA and can't even put on a four star match but if you watched his matches with Samoa Joe at Genesis 2006, Turning Point 2006 and Final Resolution 2006, he can put on a five star match and all the people that say Angle has ruined TNA, just shut the hell up because he's done nothing but help it get noticed. As an olympic gold medallist, I expect to see more great matches from Angle.

Rhino - (A+) I would give Rhino an A+ because I was also shocked to see him debut in TNA when he gored Raven and began teaming with Jeff Jarrett. I was happy when they put the NWA belt on him because TNA's ratings went up but they screwed up this time when two weeks later, Jeff Jarrett won the belt back again and the ratings went down. Apart from that, he's been in top feuds, top hardcore matches and yeah he has lost a lot of matches at pay-per-views but at least he's willing to put talent like Robert Roode and AJ Styles over.

Scott Steiner - (B-) I was happy to see Steiner debut at Destination X 2006 and I would give him a B- because he has lost a lot of matches but at least he's willing to put talent over, he cuts really good promos and he was a great heel when he was in Christian's Coalation, I just wish they hadn't turned him face because he was better as a heel IMO.

Tomko - (B) I have been impressed by Tomko's performance in TNA so far and I'm glad they're keeping him as a heel and he makes a good tag team champion. I wasn't impressed by Tomko when he came into TNA but after his match with Abyss at Slammiversary, it has made me have a bit of respect for Tomko and he has been better in TNA than in WWE.

Rick Steiner - (D) I haven't been impressed with Rick Steiner so far and he's only there to boost the tag team division. I wish TNA did not sign him and Scott Steiner would've stayed as a heel :)

Black Reign - (D-) I've hated his gimmick from the start and he makes me want to turn the channel over for a while until his skit/match is over. Just release him and everything will be fine.

Matt Morgan - (C) He makes a good bodyguard for Jim Cornette and it would be interesting to see him have a singles run in TNA very soon.

Andrew Martin - (C-) He has improved since his WWE run but I just don't like the way they put him into the main event straight away. Just sign him, put him in the mid-card division, keep him as heel and probably do something like make Team Canada again and put him in it and he could be a A1 kind've guy.

Junior Fatu - (D-) I loved his promos in TNA, I absolutely loved them, the skits he was in and the matches he was in. I just didn't like the sound of his backstage attitude so I don't blame TNA for releasing him but I would've loved him to improve his attitude and he would've stayed in TNA cause I loved those promos.

Booker T - (A) Has impressed me so far in TNA and I love the way he's having a little good feud with Christian Cage and Robert Roode. So far he has really impressed me and I love seeing him in TNA but it's still early days so I'll just see if he can improve but I preferred him in WWE more.

Vick Diesel
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Christian Cage - (A+) I was really suprised when they brought him in at Genesis 2005 and over the past couple of months/years, he has really impressed me and is the best ex-WWE guy TNA has brought in so far. WWE could've made money with this guy but they screwed up again as usual and TNA has made him a big star and his gimmick like obsessed with power in TNA is great. I was happy when he won the NWA belt for the first and second time and whether he's a face/heel, I will still be happy seeing Cage each week on TNA.

Kurt Angle - (A+) I was more suprised to see Angle coming to TNA more than Cage when it was announced at No Surrender 2006. Some may say that Kurt Angle has ruined TNA and can't even put on a four star match but if you watched his matches with Samoa Joe at Genesis 2006, Turning Point 2006 and Final Resolution 2006, he can put on a five star match and all the people that say Angle has ruined TNA, just shut the hell up because he's done nothing but help it get noticed. As an olympic gold medallist, I expect to see more great matches from Angle.

Rhino - (A+) I would give Rhino an A+ because I was also shocked to see him debut in TNA when he gored Raven and began teaming with Jeff Jarrett. I was happy when they put the NWA belt on him because TNA's ratings went up but they screwed up this time when two weeks later, Jeff Jarrett won the belt back again and the ratings went down. Apart from that, he's been in top feuds, top hardcore matches and yeah he has lost a lot of matches at pay-per-views but at least he's willing to put talent like Robert Roode and AJ Styles over.

Scott Steiner - (B-) I was happy to see Steiner debut at Destination X 2006 and I would give him a B- because he has lost a lot of matches but at least he's willing to put talent over, he cuts really good promos and he was a great heel when he was in Christian's Coalation, I just wish they hadn't turned him face because he was better as a heel IMO.

Tomko - (B) I have been impressed by Tomko's performance in TNA so far and I'm glad they're keeping him as a heel and he makes a good tag team champion. I wasn't impressed by Tomko when he came into TNA but after his match with Abyss at Slammiversary, it has made me have a bit of respect for Tomko and he has been better in TNA than in WWE.

Rick Steiner - (D) I haven't been impressed with Rick Steiner so far and he's only there to boost the tag team division. I wish TNA did not sign him and Scott Steiner would've stayed as a heel :)

Black Reign - (D-) I've hated his gimmick from the start and he makes me want to turn the channel over for a while until his skit/match is over. Just release him and everything will be fine.

Matt Morgan - (C) He makes a good bodyguard for Jim Cornette and it would be interesting to see him have a singles run in TNA very soon.

Andrew Martin - (C-) He has improved since his WWE run but I just don't like the way they put him into the main event straight away. Just sign him, put him in the mid-card division, keep him as heel and probably do something like make Team Canada again and put him in it and he could be a A1 kind've guy.

Junior Fatu - (D-) I loved his promos in TNA, I absolutely loved them, the skits he was in and the matches he was in. I just didn't like the sound of his backstage attitude so I don't blame TNA for releasing him but I would've loved him to improve his attitude and he would've stayed in TNA cause I loved those promos.

Booker T - (A) Has impressed me so far in TNA and I love the way he's having a little good feud with Christian Cage and Robert Roode. So far he has really impressed me and I love seeing him in TNA but it's still early days so I'll just see if he can improve but I preferred him in WWE more.

I agree whole heartedly with everything you've said RVD,..especially where Black Reign is concerned I really can't stand him or his gimic,..TNA should've let him go instead of some of the other guys who've left TNA! I also can't stand Rellik either he and Black Reign are both real disappointments, and TNA should let them BOTH go and give their pay to Samoa Joe,..he deserves it more than they do!! :P

Pepsi Plunge
12-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Like I said, just release Black Reign and maybe Rellik and everythign will be fine :)

-3:16-
12-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Kurt Angle
Whether you like him or not he's definately helping TNA. People say he's in TNA to take the spotlight, I don't think thats the case, and he's proven that putting over young guys like Joe, Lethal and Kaz to name a few. He's also proven he can still put up some great matches, e.g. vs. Joe, Sting, Lethal, Kaz, etc.
Grade: A

Christian Cage
We've seen him be used much better in TNA as opposed to previoulsy in WWE. He gets more air time and is pushed to the main event scene. His constant great quality of promo and matches have made it clear he rightfully belongs in the title picture.

Rhino
He's sort of on the border of the main event/mid card scene, and as a result has helped former mid carders break into the main event scene. He's a good brawler and performs well in TNAs gimmick matches.

Booker T
I'm glad he wasn't pushed right to the main event scene at his arrival, and like the fact that he's putting over young talent. He's only been in TNA for somewhat a month so has yet to prove if he can help TNA.
Grade: n/a

Scott Steiner
He may not be the sharpest knife in the draw when it comes to talent, but he can still put on some decent matches and cut great promos. Furthermore, he's willing to put over young talent.
Grade: B

Team 3D
The team of Team 3D get so much shit on by the IWC, personally I believe them to be good talents in the ring, they have produced some great matches, most notably against LAX. Also, their promos have been gold, their current feud with the X-Division is amongst the few storylines in TNA thats getting me hooked.
Grade: B

Black Reign/Dustin Rhodes
Despite what people think, I personally am a fan of this 'split personality' gimmick of Dustin Rhodes, but he needs to shape up in the ring.
Grade: D

Matt Morgan
He's been used as a special enforcer, haven't seen much from him in terms of wrestling or promos, but I can see an interesting storyline developing with him and Cornette over the forthcoming year.
Grade: N/A

rockbottom95
09-28-2008, 12:49 PM
good summary

being31s
10-23-2008, 03:58 AM
I agree with you and I also feel that TNA needs to stop going after the WWE castoffs and concentrate on their own stars.

losicecreams
02-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Kevin Nash - (A+) for promos
but (F) for his wrestling.

legolas4792
02-23-2009, 09:43 PM
as far as i know his staph infection prevents him from wrestling or wrestling good atleast