PDA

View Full Version : New Britney Spears single leaked online

OMEN
08-31-2007, 11:45 AM
http://stuff.co.nz/images/321231.jp
BACK IN BUSINESS: A new Britney Spears song called Gimme More has been leaked online as the former chart-topper begins her comeback
Britney Spears is back. A new single called Gimme More by the troubled pop star has been leaked to the internet, and it proves Britney may be capable of that comeback after all.

The track, a bouncy synth-fuelled pop song in the style of her early work, was leaked to the blog site Popbytes.

It starts with Britney saying "It's Britney, bitch" accompanied by a sinister laugh and the words: "I see you, and I just want to dance with you.

The first verse includes the lyrics: "Every time they turn the lights down, I just want to go that extra mile fore you." In the chorus, Britney sings "it feels like the crowd is saying 'gimme more'."

The track is produced by Timbaland protege Nate "Danjahandz" Hills and is rumoured to be the first single from Britney's comeback album, due for release next month.

Another track, a ballad called Baby Boy, was also leaked online earlier this week.

A Britney Spears comeback - a new album and a tour - has been rumoured for weeks, further fuelled by R&B star Ne-Yo who confirmed he has been working with the former chart topper.

Ne-Yo told KIIS-FM radio host Ryan Seacrest: "Her new music is definitely up-tempo.

"She's got to remind people why they love her in the first place. She's got to get their minds off her personal life and back on the music.

"I think it's possible she can make a comeback. I heard a lot of the music. I definitely think she can do it."

Britney Spears is one of the world's biggest pop stars, but has fallen from grace in recent months after a series of incidents.

After leaving her husband Kevin Federline, she shaved her head bald, attacked a car with an umbrella and went into rehab.

Whether she can turn her headline-grabbing antics into further chart success remains to be seen.

Stuff NZ