PDA

View Full Version : OVW Star To WWE? WWE Channels Moving & More

Black Widow
09-07-2007, 09:54 AM
[Source: PWInsider.com]

Time-Warner Cable in New York City will be changing some of the channels which air WWE programming. The USA Network will be moving to Channel 16 and Sci Fi will be on Channel 17. The move will go in effect on October 15th.

Reports are suggesting that OVW star Chet the Jet could be called up to the main roster with some kind of Polish-based gimmick. He also recently had a new haircut and making his fair shorter than usual.

XXKSXX
09-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Well they do need to bring some of the young guys up and start grooming them for the years to come. The WWE really has never had a problem with finding young talent. The problem is that sometimes they don't use the young talent properly and they give them sh1t gimmicks then they lose their credibility and then they are just released.

domesticatedsheep
09-07-2007, 10:16 PM
wasnt marella some sort of eastern european gimmick in OVW before he was called up to the main roster. seems like they really want this gimmick to be used with someone. as long as they have a gd heel manager it will work well

jamie66
09-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Always ruin young stars with gimmicks, lousy ones at that. MVP was a good gimmick , this one sounds crap.

Big Evil
09-09-2007, 03:05 PM
What I just can't understand to this very day is why the hell WWE thinks that the wrestlers have to have gimmicks? Even guys like Benoit that went out there and wrestled had gimmicks. There is no reason to have gimmicks with EVERY SINGLE wrestler. Have some that are just plain wrestlers, damn.

XXKSXX
09-09-2007, 06:11 PM
If they were just plain wrestlers that would be their gimmick.

Will
09-09-2007, 06:37 PM
You have to have a gimmick or people wont relate to them. Every successful wrestler has had a gimmick. Hogan was the larger than life personification of good, Austin was the anti-establishment hero for the working man, Cena is the unbeatable superhero, Angle is the gold medalist wrestler, Nash and Hall were the outsiders trying to take over a company from the inside, Mick Foley was the guy who would do anything to hurt his opponent, HHH and Orton are both the cocky guys who think they are the best, Batista is the huge roided up monster, Khali is the genetic freak foreigner, Booker T is the stereotypical black guy who got the belt 5 times because wcw was being sued for racial discrimination, RVD was a stoner, etc etc. I could literally do this all day, as it seemed I was going to do, but if you made the same list with guys totally void of gimmicks that succeeded the list would be empty.

XXKSXX
09-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Every wrestler has some kind of gimmick it doesn't really matter where they perform. It's just the way it is.

ray ray
09-13-2007, 03:08 AM
add him to ecw

sol20051
09-15-2007, 04:28 AM
Why can't their gimmick be something like "I'm bringing hardcore BACK"

Will
09-15-2007, 04:30 AM
because Vinny doesn't like hardcore wrestling.

XXKSXX
09-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Also they don't want to there wrestlers getting hurt and it is a lot easer to get injured in hardcore matches. I wouldn't want them to do that all the time anyway once in awhile is good from the WWE.