PDA

View Full Version : Clooney to Pitt - I'll murder you, pal

OMEN
09-09-2007, 06:57 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/323412.jpg
ASSASSINATION GAME: Brad Pitt and George Clooney are set to cross acting swords once again, as they have both joined the cast of the Coen Brothers' latest film
They may be good friends and Ocean's Thirteen co-stars, but when it comes to their new movie together, George Clooney's got a few words for his buddy Brad Pitt: If you're better than me, I'll murder you.

"I'm working with him right now this Coen brothers movie, which kills me because he's going to steal the movie and I'm going to murder him," Clooney joked with reporters on Saturday.

Clooney and Pitt are at the Toronto International Film Festival this week screening major movies. Clooney has drama Michael Clayton, about a lawyer in crisis and Pitt fields The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, about the celebrity of the notorious 19th Century outlaw.

They scheduled back-to-back news conferences in the same room, and the juxtaposition prompted questions pitting the movies and stars against one another.

"I don't like it," Clooney said. "It's a weird thing, but you try not to compete in art. It always seems kind of strange. I could never do the things that he (Pitt) does, ever."

"I do have some competition with Matt Damon - I'd like to kick his ass," Clooney said with a big grin. Damon, too, co-starred with Clooney and Pitt in Ocean's Thirteen, and he was in Toronto this week for a charity event.

Clooney was on a roll. Asked to name his favorite Pitt movie, he answered Johnny Suede, to roars of laughter.

In that early 1990s film, Pitt played a wannabe rock star who idolized 1950s pop singer Ricky Nelson. It bombed at box offices, making just about $US90,000 in ticket sales, according to box office tracker, boxofficemojo.com.

But to save face - and perhaps stave off a tongue-lashing from his friend - he complemented Pitt.

"He's a really brave actor - people don't often say that enough about him. What he did in Snatch is just phenomenal," Clooney said.

About an hour later, Pitt entered his news conference and he, too, joined in the jokes, saying his favorite Clooney film was Red Surf, in which Clooney played a drug-dealing surfer. It made $US13,000 in theaters, according to boxofficemojo.com.

"Go see it," Pitt said with a smirk while giving an "OK" hand signal.

Reuters