PDA

View Full Version : CONFIRMED!!Booker T Quits WWE

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
09-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Sorce: Ewrestlingnews.com

In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reports that Robert Huffman (King Booker) quit WWE when he was told that he was to be suspended for 60 days, as a punishment to the Signature Pharmacy bust. He was believed to have failed a Wellness Program test before, hence the 60 days suspension instead of 30.

While WWE is still trying to negotiate Huffman's staying with them, they're going on under the impression he's done. The two sides had been having troubles recently, with a major setback being John Laurinaitis' call to go with Florida for a developmental territory - where WWE would start from scratch - instead of going with Booker's already established PWA, which WWE had been loaning wrestlers to. After they made the call to stop that, Booker went to his friends at TNA and booked them for his shows instead, which didn't sit so well with anyone backstage, but they couldn't say much having pulled WWE talent from PWA.

Booker is pretty much set financially and has wanted out of wrestling for a while. At age 42, he's accomplished a lot, and thanks to his hip hop store doing well in Houston, and his two wrestling schools up and running, there's really no need for him to stick around.

MAsterpd85
09-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Ill miss Booker T. I liked his character and never cared for King Booker much. Ill miss the sissor kicks, spins on the mats, the Palm to his face lead by the shacking of his head, and his "5 time!!...5 time!!!...5 TIME WCW champion.." lol

Flair Country
09-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Well that's a shame for him and WWE. He'll be fine though as his Pro Wrestling Aliance Federation has really taken off lately. Something tells me that with his recent partnership with TNA it might not be too far fetched to see him make some appearances on iMPACT! soon.

JohnCenaFan28
09-09-2007, 08:28 PM
I'll miss him in WWE but I'm glad he didn't leave due to numerous injuries etc. like other people.

AFC1986
09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
it's a shame he's gone as he was one of my fave wrestlers in the wwe but at least he will still be involved in wrestling with his promotion

Black Widow
09-09-2007, 09:24 PM
wont miss him

Super Klawz
09-09-2007, 09:46 PM
wont miss him

...Tell me, you didn't just say that!!

Ya I guess I'll miss the annoyance factor he brought but apart from that I guess I won't miss him either

XXKSXX
09-09-2007, 10:56 PM
:woohoo: I will not miss him or his extremely over baring wife. His lame a$$ gimmick. I have been waiting for this day since the first time I seen him. Have never liked the guy at all so I'm glad he quit.

legolas4792
09-10-2007, 12:24 AM
good he can stay out of wrestling forever for all i care

jamie66
09-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Couldn't stand his King gimmick went for way too long, never really did anything for me so it doesn't bother me.

Will
09-10-2007, 02:25 AM
Well that's a shame for him and WWE. He'll be fine though as his Pro Wrestling Aliance Federation has really taken off lately. Something tells me that with his recent partnership with TNA it might not be too far fetched to see him make some appearances on iMPACT! soon.

Since when? last I heard his shows drew like 400 people.

Triple X
09-10-2007, 02:42 AM
Yeah its better for him to leave and for us too as he won't bore us anymore.

Kellie
09-10-2007, 04:57 AM
This seems like the Ric Flair quitting story last week ... just another BS story like last week

XXKSXX
09-10-2007, 05:35 AM
As much as I hope this is true I think Kellie is right just another BS rummer.

LionDen
09-10-2007, 10:12 AM
What does that mean "no real need to have him around"? I would think at this stage in the WWE, they need all the top performers they can get. If this is rteal, I am sure the PWA fiasco has alot of tie ins with his decision, as well with WWE's. WWE has not been happt for a long time since he started using TNA workers and promoting them on his radio show.

Although losing that damn gimmick will be awesome. I am so sick of that, the music and Sharmell yelling "All hail King Booker" a hundered times.

Vinnyspapa
09-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Seems like Booker T is a cry baby. He gets suspended for 60 days which is his own fault and he quits. I say good riddance.

mikedudelang
09-10-2007, 05:02 PM
for all those who say they won't miss him, fine. but give the guy his credit. the dude was a pro performer, has worn several belts and was the one guy worth watching in wcw during their final days. the dude deserves respect for what he's done in his wrestling career.

XXKSXX
09-10-2007, 05:16 PM
^ He was one of the main reasons I stopped watching WCW at the end. When I did watch it it was taped so I just FF anything and every thing I wasn't liking. Witch means anything that had to do with him.

scorpionf
09-12-2007, 12:34 PM
I loved Booked in WCW, hated the King Booker gimmick, so annoying, and he so did not need Sharmell to accompany him, he would have been better off on his own.

I reckon he would have done way better if they had dropped the King Booker gimmick aged ago, because that was just lame as! I will miss him though, but good luck to him in his future endeavors... I hope everything keeps working out well for him!

DirtMerchant
09-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Oh no wrestling as we know it will never be the same.....LOL..... so what fuck him

ray ray
09-13-2007, 03:10 AM
i'll miss booker and sharmell but not the king booker that gimick suck

vampiro999
09-13-2007, 10:09 PM
peace out i couldnt stand him and his char

The Mac
09-15-2007, 02:50 AM
he'll be back and maybe he will come back as booker t not king booker

krayzeebabi420
09-17-2007, 05:01 PM
im glad he is gone....he had a bad character n e ways i was gettin kinda sick of him as KING BOOKA....im glad hhh put him in his place!!!