PDA

View Full Version : Godsmack lends music to Military recruiting

Stunner
05-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Godsmack vocalist and principal songwriter Sully Erna has fired back at a reporter who questioned his band's decision to allow two of its songs to be used for US Navy recruiting commercials. The singer became somewhat irritated during a recent interview with an Arhtur magazine writer when asked if he was proud that his songs "Awake" and "Sick of Life" helped recruit fans for the military.

Erna responded: "My thing is... Listen, here's my thing with the military. I'm not saying our government is perfect. Because I know that we make some mistakes and we do shitty things BUT, BUT. You wouldn't have your job, and we wouldn't have our lives, if we weren't out there protecting this country so we could lead a free life. So there's kind of a ying and a yang to that. Sometimes it's not always the best choices that we make, or we stick our noses in other people's shit, but at the same time, we protect this place enough that we're able to like pursue careers and do what a lot of people in other countries aren't able to do. They're kind of picked and they're chosen to be whatever they become... I'm, I'm, I'm proud to be an American, I'll tell you that."

Godsmack hits the road in June, kicking off their tour in support of their latest disc IV that debuted at #1 by selling over 200,000 copies in its first week out.

Source: Earvolution.com