PDA

View Full Version : Czech out the new lingo

OMEN
09-16-2007, 08:40 AM
A Czech speedway rider was knocked out cold during a race and woke up speaking perfect English.

Matej Kus, 18, could barely speak a word of English before he came off his bike and another rider drove over his head.

He was out cold for 45 minutes then came round and asked paramedics where he was and what had happened - in a posh English voice.

Team boss Peter Waite said: "He sounded like a newsreader. He was speaking perfect English without any sort of an accent."

Matej had arrived in Britain only the day before, to race for Berwick Bandits in an away fixture at Glasgow Tigers.

He lost his memory for 48 hours - and as soon as it returned, he lost the ability to speak English.

He said through an interpreter: "There must be some English deep in my head but obviously I needed a bang on the head and a crash for it to come out.

"Hopefully I can pick some English up so I'll be able to speak it without someone having to hit me over the head."

Doctors say he suffered from the extremely rare Foreign Accent Syndrome - caused by a stroke or a blow to the head which damages the parts of the brain that control speech.

Annanova

scorpionf
09-16-2007, 08:48 AM
He's lucky to be alive after that accident!

Being in England will certainly help him with his English though :)

Jodes
09-16-2007, 03:34 PM
thats really freaky IMO :shock:

JohnCenaFan28
09-16-2007, 11:12 PM
I wonder how he just gained the knowledge of the English language just from a head injury? That is very peculiar.