PDA

View Full Version : Formula One: McLaren ponder Renault complaint

AFC1986
09-17-2007, 09:07 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44121000/jpg/_44121499_dennisflavio203.jpg
Dennis (left) could lodge a complaint against Briatore's Renault

McLaren may file a complaint against rival team Renault about alleged use of technical information.

Motorsport's governing body, the FIA, fined McLaren £50m and stripped them of their constructors points for possessing Ferrari data.

Now McLaren may make a complaint about Renault and the FIA said it would act if it received enough information.

"It's allegedly an employee who took some floppy disks with him," said FIA president Max Mosley.

"We haven't had the complaint or the detail we have been promised from McLaren about that, but when we get it, we will investigate.

"We've had a dossier from Renault which doesn't look particularly damning, but then again, you wouldn't expect it to."

Mosley confirmed he had already spoken to McLaren boss Ron Dennis on the matter, adding: "I said to him, 'When you have got your dossier together Ron, let's have it'.

"He, with Renault's agreement, sent experts into Renault to look at their computer system recently.

"So obviously when he has got that report, if there's something significant in it, I have no doubt he will let us have it."

Renault boss Flavio Briatore insists the situation bears no link to the spy row between McLaren and Ferrari which was resolved in Paris last Thursday.

"If somebody tells me it's the same (as McLaren), I sue," said the Italian team boss.

"Secondly, it's not an investigation regarding myself and the team.

"Third, we have given all the information to the federation, at least when we found out something.

"This is it. It's as simple as that, and I have given the evidence as well to McLaren."

McLaren boss Dennis maintains it is an ongoing issue, stating: "It is still the subject of discussion between those companies involved.

"It's wholly inappropriate for me to make any comment on it, and as and when there is something to share, then it will be shared, but it is certainly not now."

credit: bbc sport

if ron dennis makes a complaint about renault using technical data used by mclaren then he is nothing more than a hypocrite as he was in a courtroom in paris a couple of days ago