PDA

View Full Version : No WWE Draft Lottery This Year?

F4L
05-18-2006, 01:17 AM
According to strong sources within WWE, there has been no formal discussions about holding a "Draft Lottery" for the RAW and SmackDown brands this year.

It is possible it could still take place down the line, but as of now there have been no plans set forth for it to take place and some sources have said it isn't even on the radar of what the company has planned for the next few months.

Although plans are always set to change, if WWE does end up doing a draft lottery, it doesn't appear that they will have big names jumping from brand to brand like they did with last year's involving names like John Cena, Batista, Kurt Angle and others. What fans might end up seeing instead is wrestlers jumping that aren't quite considered "main event" wrestlers yet, but could be given the chance to develop properly if showcased better on a different brand.

F4

Still 2nd Place
05-18-2006, 01:29 AM
I think for the most part it would be a good move to not do a lottery as they need time to really make the talent grow on the brand and doing the draft each year really give them a year and it just dont seem like long enough I think they should open the trading back up and allow that shift a few maybe but thats all there no need to really shake things up that much as things are getting better on both brands why mess it up by moving around some names that are just starting to really grow and make a place for them selfs on that brand but thats just my thoughts about this

Nick, Your Indie Lover
05-18-2006, 01:46 AM
not suprised

dezorr
05-18-2006, 04:30 PM
i think insted of the lottery, once raw gets a gm they will start trading again or just have some one leave one show for the other

TheFallenAngel
05-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Do you realize trading is pretty much exactly like the draft? So if you're for trading superstars why not just do a draft?

Me personally I think if they insist on keeping the brands split the draft should happen, it opens up new fueds, new matches, etc, compared to the same stale fueds over and over. On Raw for example, Triple H has fueded with every worthwhile person, there's some people on Smackdown he hasn't fueded with for a year, or more, and some he hasn't even wrestled yet. There are tons of others like this so I'm all for the draft and I hope they do it again.

MrPPV
05-18-2006, 06:18 PM
I dunno if this is a good idea. Smackdown could do with one or two of the bigger or promising stars which Raw currently has, what with Angle and Batista temporarily out. They could do with Shelton, Haas or Carlito, as they all have bright futures and are talented.

Metalring
05-18-2006, 06:51 PM
What's the point of the draft lottery when we had Angle and Helms jump shows this year?

Matthinho
05-19-2006, 12:11 AM
I think a couple of trades could be made, but a whole draft lottery isn't really necessary. None of the show cards are repeating themselves and storylines aren't getting old. A draft lottery could happen next year if needed. And some superstars are jumping shows without lotteries.

camera guy
05-19-2006, 12:39 AM
What's the point of the draft lottery when we had Angle and Helms jump shows this year?

That was when sd was in real desperate need of help though. i think if they are keeping raw and smackdown seperate there should be another drraft. its always cool to watch and opens up new possabilities.