PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

D-Man
09-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Right, I am about to purchase an Xbox 360 but I have a few questions before I do.

1.) Are the graphics better than a normal Xbox on a normal (non High Definition) TV?

2.) Are they better than a normal Xbox on a 60 hz tv?

3.) Is it as good as a PS3? (graphics)

I will keep on adding on questions if I think of anymore but for now all I care about is the graphics

If this thread is in the wrong place aswell, can somebody please move it.

Thanks D-Man

)85(
09-23-2007, 03:05 PM
try not to let it over heat. the longest i've spent time on there was abotu 4-8 hours at the most. just try not to let it overheat. make sure it has a lot of breathing room.

the GFX on the basketball games are alot better then the PS2 versions and the game play for NCAA march madness flows alot better then NBA live. i havn't had the chance to play a basketball game on the original Xbox though. :dance:

if you're going to get Tom Clancy's Rainboe Six:Vegas, it's going to be alittle gettign used to. when you get shot and survive, the screen gets dark. that part of the game really surprised me in the begining. but it adds to the gameplay(from my perspective). :bow:

i can't think of anything right now.....Gears of war isn't any fun with only two players <.- :sad2:

JohnCenaFan28
09-23-2007, 06:02 PM
I own one and have only played it on a HDTV and the graphics are awesome. I've played old Xbox games on the 360 on the HDTV and they look better. I know it has more games and better titles than the PS3 but tech-wise I haven't a clue. I am positive though that a 360 on regular TV will have almost the same graphics as on a HDTV just not as "good" looking. Hope this helps!

Big Evil
09-23-2007, 07:50 PM
High Definition just means that the visuals are sharper and clearer. Playing with a normal S-Video connection won't make much difference compared to an HDMI connection. It will only be noticeable if you have both connections, so don't worry otherwise. The graphics will still look great.

If you compare XBOX graphics to the 360, then yes, the 360 has better graphics. Besides, you can always play the XBOX games on the 360, that will definitely bring up the graphic quality of an XBOX game.

Comparing 360 graphics to PS3 graphics are probably up to personal opinion. There are those that will say 360, and those that will say PS3. However, both systems graphics quality are great, so that is all that should matter.

)85(
09-24-2007, 04:59 AM
High Definition just means that the visuals are sharper and clearer. Playing with a normal S-Video connection won't make much difference compared to an HDMI connection. It will only be noticeable if you have both connections, so don't worry otherwise. The graphics will still look great.

If you compare XBOX graphics to the 360, then yes, the 360 has better graphics. Besides, you can always play the XBOX games on the 360, that will definitely bring up the graphic quality of an XBOX game.

Comparing 360 graphics to PS3 graphics are probably up to personal opinion. There are those that will say 360, and those that will say PS3. However, both systems graphics quality are great, so that is all that should matter.

i have a core system and i can't play any original games. dude i should of bought a dell. <.<

Big Evil
09-24-2007, 06:23 AM
lol well maybe I was informed incorrectly.

D-Man
09-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the help guys