PDA

View Full Version : NFL-Falcons fine Hall $100,000

OMEN
09-27-2007, 09:34 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/football/nfl/09/26/bc.fbn.falcons.hall.ap/p1_hall.jpg
Cornerback DeAngelo Hall argues with Falcons coach Bobby Petrino during the loss to the Panthers last Sunday.
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) -- In another distraction for the Atlanta Falcons, Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall said Wednesday he's been fined $100,000 and may be suspended for at least a quarter of the next game for his meltdown last week against the Carolina Panthers.

Hall wasn't pleased with the decision and plans to appeal through the NFL Players Association.

The Falcons (0-3) acted quickly after their defensive star was called for three penalties totaling 67 yards on one possession, including two personal fouls, then got into a heated sideline confrontation with coach Bobby Petrino and an assistant.

The penalties led to a Carolina touchdown that tied the game at 17 in the third quarter. The Panthers went on to a 27-20 victory.

Asked if he thought the punishment was fair, Hall said, "I don't think so. They think so, but I don't think so. My agent is working on it with the union and hopefully we can get something worked out."

Hall said he might be suspended for either the first quarter or first half of Sunday's game against the Houston Texans, whose offense is directed by former Falcons quarterback Matt Schaub.

Petrino would only confirm a decision was reached on disciplining Hall, but wouldn't discuss the details.

"It is something that we are keeping in house," the first-year coach said.

Associated Press