PDA

View Full Version : WWE 2008 career mode details

Dark Drakan
10-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Here is latest update by CVG.

http://img187.imagevenue.com/loc494/th_19686_untitled_122_494lo.JPG

The latest big-man brawler from THQ, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008, dumps the Season mode of previous games in favour of new 24/7 and Main Event modes and we have all the details as to how these new modes work.

The 24/7 mode is the new career mode for the PS3 and 360 versions of the game. It amalgamates the previous Season and General Manager modes into one comprehensive quest to become, not just a world champion, but a living legend in the world of Wrestling. The aim is to create a more immersive and involving wrestling campaign.

"As a general manager, players are given ultimate control, as it's up to them to book the matches, create storylines and manage the day to day activities of the Superstars on their roster in an attempt to attract more fans away from the competition," explains THQ.

"Players will now have control over their Superstars during every single day of the week. In between scheduled show dates, players have the option of boosting a Superstar's popularity by scheduling events like autograph signings, charity events and movie appearances."

Here's a list of some of the achievements you wrestling honcho's will need to accomplish:

Superstar Goals:

Number of Championship defenses
Longevity atop the Power 25
Number of PPV victories
WrestleMania Appearances/Wins

General Manager Goals:

Number of Survivor Series wins
Maintain a 13-week rivalry
Maintain a healthy roster for one month without any injuries
Achieve a 5-Star Match rating at WrestleMania

The Wii version, on the other hand, boasts the new Main Event mode in which you choose your superstar's brand (which determines what championships you can initially compete in), as well as whether your fighter is clean or dirty in nature (as opposed to physically).

You use your in-game mobile phone to contact WWE to set up matches, recruit Tag Team partners and receive info from your General Manager. You start off only having contact with minor wrestlers, but as you make a name for yourself you build up contacts with bigger stars and get opportunities to fight in high-profile matches, including access to RAW, SmackDown and ECW title shots, as well as PPV Arenas, Divas and Legends.

But making a name for yourself doesn't rest entirely on winning, but also on your popularity with fans. That's where the clean/dirty decision comes in. You align yourself with other superstars and act clean or dirty depending on your alignment to earn yourself a fan base.

THQ promises "there's so much content to unlock that a player will have to complete several playthroughs, taking different paths each time, if they wish unlock everything."

)85(
10-04-2007, 07:02 PM
nice goals. not sure if i will buy this years game. i'll probabnly end up buying though. i'm just not sure.

JohnCenaFan28
10-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Sounds good. I hope lots of wrestlers/divas are locked because the diva list is sad if Kelly Kelly is on and Jillian Hall/Victoria isn't...