PDA

View Full Version : Mick and Keith forget songs, Ronnie claims

OMEN
10-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Ronnie Wood claims his Rolling Stones bandmates Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have forgotten how to play their greatest hits.

The 60-year-old bassist has to remind the rockers which notes to play on classic tracks such as Satisfaction and Brown Sugar - even though they wrote them.

Ronnie reveals in his new book Ron Wood: The Autobiography: "Mick or Keith will play something and I'll tell them, 'It doesn't go like that, it goes like this. Come on, guys, you wrote the f***ing thing'. Keith will shout back, 'Just because I wrote it, that doesn't mean I know it'."

Ronnie - the youngest member of the band - joined Mick, 64, Keith, 63, and drummer Charlie Watts, 66, in 1976 after they had already recorded many of their best known songs.

He also details his often strained relationship with Keith, which once saw the pair pull guns on each other.

Keith was reportedly furious with Ronnie for smoking purified cocaine in a method known as freebasing.

Ronnie recalls: "After a row with Keith one day, he stormed off to get his gun. I warned everyone to 'clear the decks'. Keith came back with his Derringer gun, pointed it at me and yelled, 'You f***ing b*****d Woody!'.

"But I had my own gun, a .44 Magnum. I didn't have any bullets for it but I calmly pulled it out. And that was the last time Keith pulled a gun on me - until the next time."

In the tome, Ronnie confesses he became so addicted to cocaine he once banned his children from eating meringues in the house after he mistook a white crumb for a chunk of the drug and attempted to smoke it.

Ron Wood: The Autobiography will hit shelves on October 30.

Keith is believed to have signed a lucrative £7 million deal for his own memoirs, planned for 2010.

Bang Showbiz