PDA

View Full Version : Peaches not so keen on Sydney

OMEN
10-07-2007, 08:25 PM
THE pampered 18-year-old offspring of Live Aid legend Bob Geldof and the late Paula Yates has launched a profanity-filled attack on Sydney's celebrity photographers.

"The f****** paparazzi here are c****," Peaches Geldof told Sunday Magazine in an exclusive interview while in Sydney.

"I've been followed everywhere. It's quite sinister and the worst I've ever experienced in my whole life."

Geldof, who flew to Sydney on an all-expenses-paid promotional trip for an Australian chain store, made headlines within hours of her arrival when she covered her head with a bag to avoid being photographed and claimed Australia had no A-list celebrities.

The latest UK "it" girl and teen stylista also sneered that her famous name helped launch her career in England, where she has presented television documentaries and written several newspaper columns.

"Obviously it's been a f****** help, hasn't it? I can't deny that having famous parents has opened doors for me but there's a lot of grief that comes with fame by association, too.

"Especially in Australia."

Despite her dislike of certain elements of the media, the half-sister to the late Michael Hutchence's daughter, Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily, said she wants to build her career in journalism.

"I want to carry on working in journalism and TV," Geldof confided, while shooting a fashion story for Sunday Magazine. "The s*** that comes with me having this profile is just something I've got to deal with."

Despite her obvious contempt, Geldof admitted her famous father has not given her any advice on coping with the pressures of fame.

"I'm making my own way in life and wouldn't listen to him anyway," she said.

Sunday Telegraph