PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Talks About Cena's Injury, Hbk's Return, Kennedy-hardy, Triple H And More

Black Widow
10-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry, which you can check out by clicking here. (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/10/10/jr%e2%80%99s-commentary-ou-texas-cleveland-indians-no-mercy-thoughts-uk-bound-who%e2%80%99s-paying-attention/) Here are some wrestling highlights from this edition:

- John Cena will unfortunately be out of action for 7-12 months it would appear and Cena being back for Wrestlemania seems like a stretch, but I am no doctor, nor am I underestimating John Cena’s work ethic and will to heal, after under going successful pectorial surgery by the skilled hands of Dr. Jim “Saint” Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama. No one, and I mean no one, will work harder than will John Cena to get back better than he ever was after this major surgery, so any one of us that puts time limit restrictions on Cena aren’t using our best judgment. The “Cena haters” and the anti Cena proponents, I assume, are happy that Cena is off their TV sets for now, but most will retort with the same old, worn out response of “I just wanted someone else to be champion.” Oh well, to each his own I suppose.

- Shawn Michaels return to Raw Monday was a huge surprise and man did the live crowd, who were super all night, in Grand Rapids, Michigan ever respond accordingly. HBK has been sorely missed as his leadership and maturity in the locker room is a great asset with such a young group of Raw superstars currently competing. I assume HBK will be in the UK this Monday for Raw much to the chagrin of Randy Orton, the new WWE Champion. HBK is feeling great and is as competitive as ever. If there is a man in the WWE with more passion and desire to steal every show on which he appears, I would love to meet him and give him a well deserved attaboy. There is, without fail, some superstars with HBK-level passion but that list is short and very exclusive. The young talents that can find that passion in themselves on a nightly basis will see their status on the cards improve greatly along with their bank accounts.

- It looks like a nice rivalry is evolving between IC Champ Jeff Hardy and Mr. Kennedy. I am interested in this matchup and feel both these two men are going to play a major part in the long term growth of the Raw brand. Both Hardy and Kennedy had their fair share of fans in Grand Rapids Monday night, which always makes for an interesting presentation. I should have most likely done a better job identifying the Kennedy fans’ chants in hindsight in Grand Rapids.

- To say that HHH and Umaga have unfinished business would be an understatement. This pairing could really produce some compelling bouts going forward, which will no doubt be physical, which I personally really enjoy. This will not be a “cute” or “comedic” presentation that is for sure and that suits me just fine. Smashmouth wrestling still works more often than not, as these two will deliver the raw steak that most of us enjoy seeing.

- Speaking of HHH, what a night he had at No Mercy. I have been around a long time, no jokes please, and I can assure you that it is tougher than the proverbial $2 steak to wrestle THREE main event level bouts in one night, but The Game pulled it off. The last main event with Last Man Standing rules was old school spectacular and HHH and Master Randy Orton told a damn compelling story. I hope all the talents who were not booked on No Mercy, but were in Chicago, were paying attention and not packing their bags to make a quick getaway from the arena or playing video games in some hidden part of the building. I thought the last match of No Mercy was really special and I had a blast being a fan and enjoying every moment of it.

Ross also discusses football, his upcoming trip to England for Raw and more. You can check out the full blog by clicking here. (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/10/10/jr%e2%80%99s-commentary-ou-texas-cleveland-indians-no-mercy-thoughts-uk-bound-who%e2%80%99s-paying-attention/)

Ill Will
10-11-2007, 04:50 PM
I found one of Ross's statements very ironic:
The “Cena haters” and the anti Cena proponents, I assume, are happy that Cena is off their TV sets for now, but most will retort with the same old, worn out response of “I just wanted someone else to be champion.”Let's think logically for a second. If that response is old and worn out, what does it say about the subject of the criticism? It seems that people have been saying that for so long because Cena was champ for so long, which only made that critique truer and truer.