PDA

View Full Version : McNair misses practice with stiff back

OMEN
10-13-2007, 12:43 PM
OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) -- Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair missed his second consecutive day of practice Friday due to a stiff back and will be a game-time decision Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.

Backup quarterback Kyle Boller took all of the repetitions with the first-team offense again.
ADVERTISEMENT

"It's just tightened up," Ravens coach Brian Billick said. "I'm not sure the groin didn't lead to some tightness in the back. We'll have to see how he feels at the end of the day today, Saturday and Sunday. Game-time decision."

McNair, who missed the second game of the season with a groin pull that has hampered him since the season opener in Cincinnati, spoke briefly in the locker room on his way to get treatment.

When asked about his back, Mcair replied, "It's okay, we'll see. If I can't go, then we've got a good backup in Kyle."

Boller has completed 33 of 51 passes for 287 yards, two touchdowns and one interception, engineering a 20-13 win over the New York Jets in his lone start.

"This is pretty much the same as the Jets game, I've gotten a lot of reps in practice and offensively been really into the game plan and watching it on tape," Boller said. "I'll be ready. If he can't go, then I'll just step in there."

Billick emphasized one major point: There is no quarterback controversy as far as he's concerned.

"Steve McNair is now and will be my starting quarterback for as long as he can go," Billick said.

Associated Press