PDA

View Full Version : Bloom thanks medical staff for taking care of pal

OMEN
10-14-2007, 10:22 AM
http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/feeds/wenn/celebrity/wenn5005138_big.jpg
ORLANDO BLOOM has thanked staff at Los Angeles' Cedars Sinai Medical Center after they took "good care" of a childhood friend after she was injured in a car crash on Friday morning (12Oct07).

The British actor was driving a black Toyota Matrix, belonging to a friend, when he collided with a parked Porsche, leaving his unnamed passenger with minor neck injuries.

Acknowledging the accident in a statement later on Friday, Bloom's publicist said, "Orlando Bloom, who was in a minor car collision late last night, is grateful that no one was seriously injured.

"Bloom called for help immediately following the incident. He spent last night at the hospital to be with his childhood friend, who sustained a minor neck injury.

"He is thankful that emergency services arrived so quickly and that the ER staff at Cedars Sinai took such good care of his friend."

Meanwhile, Mark Ivanko, the owner of the Porsche the actor hit, is fuming after Bloom dashed away from the accident without even apologising to him - leaving him with thousands of dollars worth of damage.
He tells In Touch Weekly magazine, "Orlando was just running away from the paparazzi. He didn't say a word to me.

"The damage is pretty bad. Looks like it's going to be at least $7,000. I have his phone number. He's going to pay for my car."

KL/WN+ITC)