PDA

View Full Version : Heather: I'm no gold digger

OMEN
05-19-2006, 09:21 AM
http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5156310,00.jpg
Estranged ... couple blamed split on media intrusion
PAUL McCartney's estranged wife says accusations she married the ex-Beatle for his money were more devastating than having a leg amputated.
Legendary musician McCartney, 63, and Heather Mills McCartney, 38, his charity campaigner wife of four years, announced their decision to split on Wednesday – and media have since speculated she could walk off with a huge chunk of his fortune.

Her reply was published in British newspapers today.

Mills McCartney hit out at the "gold-digger" tag in extracts from her self-help book, Life Balance, due out next week.

She said it was far more difficult to cope with than the horrific 1993 accident when she was hit by a police motorcycle and had to have her left leg amputated.

"I've been in the public eye for some years, ever since I lost my leg, but I had no problems with my relationship with the media until I got married," the ex-model said in the 200-page manuscript.

"The press made me out to be a gold-digger and I decided to keep my mouth shut and say nothing. Looking back, I think that was a mistake.

"That period turned out to be the darkest and most difficult in my life – worse than losing my leg.

She also wrote that "money is not the key to happiness".

"I have learnt that peace of mind has very little to do with luxury or leisure.

"Most of the disagreements in the world are due to misunderstandings, or failings to see the other person's point of view.

"Countless relationships could be healed through proper communication. I have to admit that I haven't always been the best communicator."

The McCartneys blamed their break-up on "constant intrusion" into their private lives. They have a two-year-old daughter called Beatrice.

Before they wed in 2002, McCartney spurned her offer of a pre-nuptual agreement to protect his estimated £825 million ($2.05 billion) fortune in case of a divorce.

Experts said she could walk away at least £200 million richer if the couple ended their marriage.

McCartney had said on his website on Wednesday: "It's been suggested that she married me for the money and there is not an ounce of truth in this."
Agence France-Presse

Said Heather,Whilst holding in her hands a large 'Golden Shovel'!

Metalring
05-19-2006, 04:45 PM
She wasn't messing wit no broke ***** either.

She took his money!!!!!!!!

*waits for someone to finish lyric*

Kaz
05-19-2006, 04:53 PM
They look so fake... like Wax or something