PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Not Committed to ECW

Dangerous Incorporated
10-17-2007, 02:07 AM
- WWE.com is running a story, which can be read here, where they explain that ECW GM Armando Estrada and acting Smackdown GM Vicky Guerrero are having negotiations which would lead to talent from Smackdown appearing on ECW and talent from ECW appearing on Smackdown. Smackdown and ECW already run joint house shows.

The reason for this is that Sci-Fi is not committed to continuing to air the ECW show. In the best-case scenario they hope to make ECW more appealing to Sci-Fi so that they do pick the show up at the end of 2007. But if not, WWE is preparing themselves in case they lose the one hour on Sci-Fi and have to run the ECW brand as part of Smackdown.

Source: F4wonline

UPDATE:
As reported earlier, WWE has decided to start having ECW and Smackdown talent appear on both ECW and Smackdown starting soon. With ECW ratings dropping, WWE is hoping that having Smackdown talent appear on the show, as well as having ECW guys get more exposure on Smackdown, will improve ratings. The thinking is that talent is being wasted since both brands are at the TV taping anyway.

There is some concern about the future of ECW.

Source: WO

Kage
10-17-2007, 03:07 AM
IMO Ecw is better than Raw and Smackdown. Maybe its just getting the chance to see some new faces chasing a title?

Will
10-17-2007, 03:11 AM
How exactly is ECW better? They have 11 wrestlers, 10 of which are jobbers that couldn't make it on raw or Smackdown.

Kage
10-17-2007, 03:17 AM
Didnt say or a fact that it was, i said imo it was.Of course the ecw roster looks bad compared to Raw and Smackdown, ecw is basically creating stars. Its not just the same old shit ya see on raw and sd. And do you really need to be such an ass about everything?

Will
10-17-2007, 03:22 AM
asking for your opinion is being an ass? I'm showing an interest in your opinion and i didn't even say how stupid it is, thats quite the opposite of being an ass. I was respectful and trying to see something from your angle.