PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Smoking.

bad_meetz_evil
10-21-2007, 03:53 AM
Cigerrettes, cigars, etc.. Fuck it. The goverment should ban it. You can debate and say its freedom of choice, but some choices just have to be made for people. Using an example, its like selling a gun in everystore, think the crime rate will go up or down? Sure, raise tax. The goverment will get richer, the smokers will loose some money, but that won't stop people from smoking. I always wonder how people like Phill Morris, and other people who run these companies get a good nights sleep. Or don't they?

Will
10-21-2007, 04:18 AM
Using an example, its like selling a gun in everystore, think the crime rate will go up or down?

This is a bad example, assuming you were trying to show that "potentially deadly" things should not be widely available. The more people, non criminal, who can purchase a gun, the less likely it will be that a crime will happen to them. If people cant buy guns, and a criminal therefor knows that most people don't have a gun and can not defend themselves with lethal force,than they are more likely to try and rob or harm them, but if guns are widely distributed then it puts fear in the criminals minds and helps deter crimes. I fully support selling handguns in every store, with proper background checks in place, and own 5 myself.

I always wonder how people like Phill Morris, and other people who run these companies get a good nights sleep. Or don't they?

Even if they had a conscience,which I doubt most do, you can buy a hell of a lot of sleeping pills with the billions of dollars they bring in every year.

JohnCenaFan28
10-21-2007, 04:26 AM
I totally agree with you. Smoking is just a ticket to an early death and a painful life.

legolas4792
10-21-2007, 09:25 PM
i am 100 on that boat by i did not know you are infact it hought u did smoke bme

bad_meetz_evil
10-22-2007, 03:46 AM
I do, though I reasons for my descission, I don't want to go into it, pleasure, peer pressure while begining, etc.. but If It wasn't there to begin with, wouldn't have started.

legolas4792
10-22-2007, 10:32 PM
well then quit i know your gonna say its hard but its not if you arent weak right now ur kinda steering the boat in two opposite directions

Big Evil
10-23-2007, 07:15 AM
I think it's obvious that every single person that smokes or chews or whatever have made that decision to start their nasty habit. That's something that we all can agree on. And to be honest I don't give a rat's ass what excuse they make, in the end it was their decision to start. I know some people that smoke and drink, and I hate to see them do it. I've talked to them about it, but every time I get shot down, because they don't want to quit. They enjoy this nasty habit, and nothing short of disease will change their mind, and maybe that won't even work.

Anyways, I think it will take something as big as a government ban to stop people from smoking. There is nothing else that can be done to crack down on this, and it's only going to get worse from here.

The only thing that can be as powerful as a ban is for people to stand up for themselves, and use the power to say NO! Nobody starts without saying yes, and they just need to know they can say no, it doesn't matter if your friends are doing it, you can make that decision! It kills me to see people go with the crowd. It kills me to know that I may outlive my sister, a smoker, and all because she took on a bad habit.

That is why I live straight-edge. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't do anything that is damaging and harmful to my body. I try to live my life to be as healthy as possible, and I hate seeing people dieing because they didn't have enough backbone to say NO!

Guydudeman
10-23-2007, 04:26 PM
I totally agree with you. Smoking is just a ticket to an early death and a painful life.

Cirgarettes not cigars people don't smoke enough cigars to kill themselves

Darth Fozzy
11-17-2007, 06:06 AM
I hate smoking completely, my parents both used to smoke, so far my Dad has been the only one in my entire family who has been able to give it up, I worry about my Mom, I fear that she counts on it to handle the tough times that my family have been going through the past few years, thats the only thing I hate about my Mom. Most people I know smoke and it upsets me that so many have sunk so low, I have never and will never try a cigarette or a cigar because of the fact that all 4 of my grandparents died from cancer because they smoked. My grandad died a week after breaking his arm shaving...SHAVING!!!! The cancer attacked his bones and disintegrated them, that's why I hate cigarettes, ah, that feels good to get that out of my system.