PDA

View Full Version : Shatner: `i won't be part of star trek prequel'

OMEN
10-21-2007, 10:20 AM
http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/feeds/wenn/celebrity/wenn1021771_big.jpg
Actor WILLIAM SHATNER has criticised director J.J. ABRAMS and the producers of the new STAR TREK prequel - for not finding him a meaty role in the film.

Shatner, who played Captain James Kirk in the original Star Trek TV series and movies, has denied reports he's set for a cameo in the new film.

He insists he wouldn't take such a role even if it was offered to him, stating, "I don't do cameos... I can't imagine what I would do as a cameo."

But he is upset that he's not among the cast of the new project: "Here's a show with my identity in it and not to be part of it is disappointing... It is a strange construction."

Shatner's Star Trek sidekick and pal Leonard Nimoy will be the only original cast member on board for the prequel - he'll reprise his role as Mr. Spock in the film

Tiscali

LionDen
10-21-2007, 02:05 PM
lol Nimoy laying Spock, damn, either they will use CGI on him or a hell of alot of make-up.

demolition89
10-22-2007, 01:24 AM
I'm dissapointed ~ I wish Shatner could have set aside his delusion ego and given something back to the fans and the Franchise (which he nearly killed with STAR TREK V)